StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Lonely Home Poler Searching For Pole Friends

• Lonely Home Poler Searching For Pole Friends

Posted by Akmaloy on August 17, 2017 at 8:08 pm

I recently started learning to pole dance at home, because I’m too poor to take classes, but I’m finding it difficult to make friends who want to dance with me! All of my friends think it’s cool I’m learning to pole, but no one ever wants to try it with me! I even have an extra pole I’ve offered to give to a friend if they’d like to train with me. But the answer is always no. So my question here is are there any other studio Veena home polers in the Mesa/PHX/Gilbert/Tempe AZ area who want to be my new pole BFF? Or what did you guys do to find fellow pole friends if you can’t afford classes?

Veena replied 6 years, 8 months ago 6 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • 33barbwire

August 18, 2017 at 11:11 pm

I’m still looking for somebody who’s up for pole jams via Skype or Google Hangouts. Hope you find some irl buddies!

• Calypso2009

August 19, 2017 at 12:30 am

I just left my pole studio bc we moved, so I’m down for online meet ups 👍

• YogaMamaOM

August 22, 2017 at 6:52 pm

I just started learning at home too!!! Girl, I feel ya on the $$$ issue and yeah, what is it about the pole that’s so enticing yet intimidating to others?! I’m out in San Tan Valley if you ever want to make a trip out here!

• Akmaloy

August 22, 2017 at 10:51 pm

Glad to hear I’m not the only one struggling to find my tribe in the pole community. Don’t get me wrong… All the people I’ve met or spoken to who pole are absolutely fantastic. Just hard to find anyone in real life to dance with, and while my hubby doesn’t mind being my spotter, I don’t expect, or really want him watching my ENTIRE training… All the time. Ya know? I’d be down for Hangouts training sessions, or even meeting up in San tan to train with YogaMomaOM… I’m actually located just outside of AJ. We should totally meet up for coffee or something sometime and talk pole, and train together!

• 33barbwire

August 22, 2017 at 11:07 pm

@Calypso2009 yay! What days of the week work best for you? Holler if you’d like my email or fb/ig and we can take this conversation there.

• polegramma

August 22, 2017 at 11:09 pm

I wish I still lived in AZ! Y’all would be fun to pole with. My ex is in Casa Grande, maybe next time I’m there we could try to meet up.

• Akmaloy

August 22, 2017 at 11:18 pm

We should totally do an online training together! I’ve never even been to a real class, so I’d have no freaking clue what to do, but I’d love to make some new friends and learn some new stuff with all of you! I’m on IG, my pole account is manda.poledancer if ya wanna follow and or chat on there anytime as well. 😊

• Veena

Administrator
    August 23, 2017 at 12:11 am

Don’t forget to check out the lessons here. They’re a super great deal and you’ll have a guideline for your pole sessions! No more trying to figure out what to do or how to do it.