StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Lil Mynx Safety?

• Lil Mynx Safety?

Posted by Elilove on February 3, 2021 at 7:18 pm

So, I have a static Lil Mynx pole currently…I foolishly sold my “like new” rotator Lil Mynx for wayyyy too low because I didnt know any better at the time because it wouldn’t fit my new ceiling, and I will never get over it..sold it for a quarter of what it costs.
    I’m a beginner…I have tried doing my own inversions, I do many spins with my full body weight. But I would like to advance more. I have never had a problem, but I also don’t do anything too crazy on the pole.
    Are Lil Mynx poles safe for inversions, etc? Anyone ever hear stories about them falling down?

hookedonpole replied 3 years, 2 months ago 7 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • Elilove

February 3, 2021 at 7:40 pm

Now I really miss having a rotator pole…I have spent so much money selling my rotator too low and then purchasing a static to try saving money vs a rotator….my husband was in the military, so we were always moving. I should have bought an xpole from the very start, but I didn’t look into it enough and just always thought you have to disassemble all the pieces every time you took it down..turns out you don’t. And that’s not even a big deal anyways 🙁 I’m just really sad about how much money I’ve wasted. I feel sick about it.

• Veena

Administrator
    February 3, 2021 at 8:35 pm

Yes, they are safe. Just like any other pole making sure it’s installed correctly is key. We use to sell a Lil mynx pole as a branded Studioveena pole.

We stopped selling them when Lil Mynx no longer wanted to do the special Powder coat finish. I miss my Lil Mynx, it fell off the back of an open trailer when we moved and broke. https://www.studioveena.com/videos/view/536e3839-f34c-48c6-9a55-78790a9aa0eb

• Elilove

February 3, 2021 at 9:49 pm

Oh no!! That’s awful!! I love mine too…I am just mad that I didn’t go with the xpole in the first place, because I never would’ve had to buy another pole and deal with the mistake I made of of selling way too low…no idea why I did that…I didn’t realize they have such a high resale value when in great shape, which mine was, as I only used it for like 6 months….and we are moving AGAIN, so we’ll have to see what the future holds for our next ceiling height…

• Corrie

February 4, 2021 at 1:40 am

I love mine! I have a powder coat one and plan on maybe also getting a regular (powder is great but I find it hard to do some things on). I especially like it because it is easy to take up/down, as my pole room is my dining room too.

• Elilove

February 4, 2021 at 1:57 am

Ya, I’ve just made some really bad decisions with selling my stainless steel Lil Mynx rotator pole for an extremely low price that I could have potentially used in a new house since we will be moving again soon. Now I have the static Lil Mynx stainless steel that I purchased after that to try saving money, but now I want a rotator again…so foolish. Ughhhh I’m so mad at myself.

• Elilove

February 4, 2021 at 2:18 am

I basically threw away $250. I feel so sick about it 🙁

• hookedonpole

February 13, 2021 at 2:48 am

Don’t beat yourself up. I did something like that with an xpole. My first pole was Lil Mynx static, but the stainless finish was driving me nuts. I sold it cheap and bought an xpole titanium gold 50mm. Then the 45mm came out, so I sold my 50mm and bought a 45 in chrome. I was so mad at myself that I didn’t stick with titanium gold! Within months bought a 45mm tit gold and sold the 45 chrome again dirt cheap. It happens. You’ll end up with what you want. 🥰.The financial journey was a pain, but worth it to get what I wanted. Because of bday and Christmas gifts, I now have my xpole 45mm titanium gold with the new xlock feature. This is all over a span of the almost 15 yrs I started pole.

• Legs4Days

February 13, 2021 at 9:09 pm

What is the xlock feature?

• Veena

Administrator
    February 13, 2021 at 9:11 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hbLWDMPvxM This is the x lock…It’s been great!

• MelanieDA

February 13, 2021 at 9:18 pm

I started pole, trained and taught on Lil Mynx static steel poles. Loved everything about them, from the solid one-piece look, to the gripping surface, to the ease of installation. Yes, they’re safe for all manner of pole work, inverts, drops, power spins, etc. My personal experience is that X-Pole could never. I think the fact that Lil Mynx hasn’t changed their design at all in the almost 13 years I’ve done pole, while X-Pole changes their products every couple of years, speaks to the quality of Lil Mynx and their confidence in their products.

• SweetLavender

February 13, 2021 at 11:01 pm

My Studio Veena Lil Mynx pole to this day is my favorite pole. Sets up in about 2 minutes & grip is amazing!! I own 3 Xpoles, one is powder coated and doesn’t compare to whatever Veena had going with Lil Mynx at the time;)

• Veena

Administrator
    February 13, 2021 at 11:39 pm

I do miss my SV Little Mynx!!!!!

• hookedonpole

February 15, 2021 at 12:39 am

I waited too long to order and by the time I was going to get the SV Little Mynx, it wasn’t being sold anymore. 🙁