StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Leg Warmers – A Practical Pole Purpose?

• Leg Warmers – A Practical Pole Purpose?

Posted by PrettyPoleNinja on July 16, 2021 at 8:29 pm

Hello All! I recently came across a tutorial that indicated it was beneficial to pole in leg warmers because it encourages your thighs and knees to do the work when gripping the pole with your legs. Is this the case? To me, the look of leg warmers is adorable (albeit a little, well….warm) and I would certainly love to incorporate them into my dancing if it meant less bruising and a new look. However, I’m next to naked when I pole just for that skin grip contact. Would wearing leg warmers hurt or hinder my progress? Warmest thanks💜

I polekat I replied 2 years, 8 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    July 17, 2021 at 5:03 am

Honestly, if you’re very new to pole don’t worry about wearing leg warmers. A short sock on the climbing foot is helpful to prevent using the foot too much. Only having your knees to use would be rough until your climb skills are very good. You should be using your calf and shin too, not just the thighs.

• Veena

Administrator
    July 17, 2021 at 5:04 am

https://www.studioveena.com/lessons/view/60a2afb2-7808-4429-abe9-31f6ac110005 this video talks about using the proper points of contact.

• amelia2000

July 17, 2021 at 8:33 pm

Since getting suede boots (no grip), my climbing has improved a lot, I rely so much more on my knees and less on the feet. It means you can point yourfeet better.

But Veena is right, socks would do the trick too XD

• PrettyPoleNinja

August 4, 2021 at 11:50 pm

Thank you for your informative feedback. I recently purchased a pair of foot undeeze after Veena confirmed what they were in one of her videos. I’m very excited, especially since the textured surface of XPole stages are quite rough on the feet after a while. As for the leg warmers and based on the responses, I don’t think I will be investing in anytime soon. Doesn’t seem necessary nor especially practical at this point. Thanks all!

• I polekat I

August 7, 2021 at 7:08 pm

i was always in total awe of my pole wife who can climb so beautifully in leg warmers…. even after years of poling i still find it impossible as i use my lower legs !! personally i think a climb is nicer using the lower leg to grip rather than the thighs – it allows you more ‘movement’ with hips away from the pole. but yes socks are useful to avoid using too much foot grip – also pointing the toes!! so pushing the shin into the pole, rather than standing onto a flexed foot =)