StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Knee Pads for Pole

• Knee Pads for Pole

Posted by StrangeFox on December 22, 2019 at 8:07 pm

Anyone got any suggestions for a good pair of knee pads that can be used on and off the pole?

I was thinking Poledancerka, but I’ve heard they don’t stay in place all that well. I did try Mighty Grip a while back and they worked great moving from the floor to the pole, but I found they slid around way too much. Volleyball knee pads seem to stay in place the best, but they’re super bulky and they cannot be used on the pole. Anyone try Bees Knees kneepads? Any other brands to recommend?

StrangeFox replied 3 years, 11 months ago 6 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    December 25, 2019 at 3:33 pm

I have both bees knees and the old version of mighty grip knee pads. I like them both.

• Sarah Brace

January 16, 2020 at 9:52 pm

I have Queen for Dance knee pads and really like them, not too bulky and they have a choice of smooth of grippy, I would say pick a size smaller than they suggest as they come up a little big. 💜

• LatinPoler

January 18, 2020 at 3:09 pm

I love Queen, they are my favorites. I think they are true to size per their size chart though, at least for me. It’s true they stretch but they stay in place and will recover the original size when you wash them.
    I have Bees Knees and don’t like the at all, they are bulky and stiff, and ugly! The nude color looks like a bandage. On the bright side, the Velcro is very convenient for training.

• StrangeFox

January 18, 2020 at 11:33 pm

Thanks so much Silver Sylph and LatinPoler! I took a look at the Queen knee pads and I think I might give them a shot. I did like that the Bees Knees kneepads have velcro but I need something I can use both on and off the pole, and they do look a bit bulky. The Queen knee pads are a bit pricey but so are all specialty pole items!

• Sara Bee

May 12, 2020 at 6:45 pm

Hi, I’m Sara Bee, owner of Bee’s Knees Knee Pads, the pole dance knee pad that straps on and strips off! I just wanted to thank you guys for being so candid about what you need in a knee pad. This is the kind of feedback that I need to constantly improve my product! @LatinPoler, let me know if you want me to send you a different pad insert. BKKPs come standard with the firmest offering, which is definitely stiff. Some people love the Firm, while others (like me) prefer Medium or to double stack the Light (also me!). @StrangeFox, a lot of people love Queen because they are low profile and they have removable inserts; others love Creatures of XIX because of the Velcro straps. BKKPs have Velcro straps, removable pad inserts in three levels of firmness, four sizes, strap extenders, inclusive skin tones, and more colors coming out every few months! Check them out at http://www.beeskneeskneepads.com or follow me on IG @beesknees_kneepads to see them in action! And DEFINITELY let me know what you think so I can make your experience better! I believe in my product, but even more, I believe in the people who use them!

• jaques

May 16, 2020 at 2:40 pm

I’m not even to the level of using knee pads yet, but I like how you replied about your product, offering suggestions to fit the posters needs. I will definitely check your brand out for that alone, great customer service.

• Sara Bee

May 16, 2020 at 4:58 pm

Thanks @jaques! Everyone’s needs (and kneeds, haha) are different, so constructive feedback always helps. Thanks for taking the time to reply! πŸ™‚ If I can help you at all when you’re ready for knee pads, don’t hesitate to reach out!

• StrangeFox

May 17, 2020 at 11:09 pm

I see Bee’s Knees on IG and I LOVE the way Sara Bee interacts with the community. Sadly, due to the pandemic I don’t have much spare cash to spend on fun things like knee pads. I was already a bit strapped before due to some other personal circumstances, so it’s looking like I’ll have to stick with my beat up volleyball knee pads for the foreseeable future… πŸ™ Once things pick up I’m going to look into Bees Knees and Queen. Thanks everyone!

• Sara Bee

May 17, 2020 at 11:23 pm

Awwww @strangefox, thank you! Dude, I feel you with pandemic and spare cash. I’m facing an impending career change; job hunting during a pandemic is sure to be a nightmare! Hahahah! You can use promo code SAVETHEBEES to get 10% off until 6/17 (my last day as a high school teacher), if that helps. πŸ™‚

• StrangeFox

May 17, 2020 at 11:38 pm

Congrats on your career change! I did a bit of a career change myself and this timing is definitely rough. I feel ya on that!! Best of luck to you, and if I get some extra cash before 06/17 I’ll check out the knee pads! Mine have almost no padding left now… lol!