StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Introduction ^.^

• Introduction ^.^

Posted by PixieStardust on August 17, 2018 at 7:51 pm

Hey there:) I go by pixie and I started my pole journey in my mountain home in Southern California far away from any pole studios. For the last few months since i started I’ve seen some progress but not as much as i’d like. Living on a mountain made getting instruction and building a set routine/ pole curriculum almost impossible, so Studio Veena is a God send! I’m looking forward to finally spending time on my pole dancing, and meeting more of the men and women that make up the pole community

StrangeFox replied 5 years, 8 months ago 5 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Runemist34

August 17, 2018 at 7:58 pm

Hi Pixie! Welcome!
    I know how hard it is to make your own pole dance plans- I didn’t have a studio nearby for a long while, and though there is one now, I can’t always afford it. Having a community here is really nice! Lots of good tips and tricks that you can’t always get from somewhere else.
    Try not to judge your progress too harshly- pole is a demanding, and even scary thing to work on, so remember that any progress is still good progress!
    I’ve been on and off from pole for the last 9-ish years, and I’m only just starting to get my basic invert a little more comfortable 😉 Everyone progresses differently, so don’t let the elite’s out there in the pole world get you down!
    Hope you have lots of fun!

• Veena

Administrator
    August 17, 2018 at 9:36 pm

Hi PixieStardust! Let me know if you have any questions!!

• hookedonpole

August 18, 2018 at 5:46 am

Welcome to StudioVeena! You found the right place. Pole is a journey to enjoy. Runemist said it perfectly, don’t compare yourself, everyone is differnt. Enjoy every accomplishment that will lead into the next one. Have fun!

• StrangeFox

August 18, 2018 at 3:41 pm

Hey PixieStardust – and welcome! You’ve already received some great advice, and you’re definitely in the right place. Pole is so much fun and the community is really awesome. I like that Runemist mentioned not comparing yourself to others, because that’s something that’s really hard for me not to do and one of my biggest obstacles when it comes to enjoying pole. There will be times you’ll feel like you’re not progressing, or like maybe pole isn’t for you, but know that you’re not alone and feeling that way is normal. Also, I’ve found progress comes in waves so I’ll go for months feeling like I’ve made zero progress, and then suddenly one day I’ll make a whole ton of progress. Progress is not always linear, too. I’m constantly learning moves and losing them, and then learning them again.

As others have said, just enjoy the journey and don’t be shy about connecting with other polers if you need help or support! 🙂