StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions I am a twitch streamer dealing with a lot of pole stigma… Wanted to find a place with a lot of women.

• I am a twitch streamer dealing with a lot of pole stigma… Wanted to find a place with a lot of women.

Posted by YK27 on April 7, 2019 at 9:56 am

Hey guys,

I’m a pole dancing streamer on twitch and came here just to get some positive thoughts and support from fellow women and dancers… to honestly just feel better…. I got harassed quite a lot today on twitter and twitch for pole dancing and I just basically… need to talk about it? To people who might understand.

Twitch is a popular streaming service that started off in games and has branched off to doing IRL. I naturally decided to stream pole dancing. Because twitch started off as a gaming platform, majority of the viewers are men. And i’ve quickly realized that men simply don’t get pole dancing. All they see is female sexuality is bad thus pole dancing is bad and inappropriate and something of dirty nature.

I get harassed on the daily for doing pole on twitch but what keeps me going on the platform is the people who do encourage me and love my pole. I still have a great community despite the fact that i get a lot of hatred from the narrow minded people.And hence i’m not giving up and still very much enjoy doing pole on twitcb.

However, today a big gaming streamer decided to tweet out my channel on twitter in a negative way basically asking why is pole dancing allowed on twitch, it’s a dirty thing after all. And came all the harassment and hate from his followers to my channel. I also got mass hate on his twitter simply because i like to pole dance.

Anyway, i know pole dancing is amazing and I love doing what i love. I do feel alone sometimes because I feel like pole is stil a niche sport with a lot of stigma and I can’t vent to anyone but myself.

hookedonpole replied 2 years, 12 months ago 7 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • mystical

April 9, 2019 at 3:47 am

Sorry you went through that, Alot of people dont see pole dancing as fitness or a fun activity. all you can do is educate people on it. Keep having fun with your pole journey.

• Lunaboo

April 9, 2019 at 11:19 pm

I’ve been wanting to start twitch streaming but this is the kind of attitude and hatred that has made me hesitate 😢
    Only thing I can suggest is to get a few moderators on board to block the hate.
    Keep going, it is becoming more and more and more common.

• TrixieLovett

April 14, 2019 at 12:18 am

Who is this ignorant mo-fo? Maybe he wants some more…ahem… “attention”?

• aleenafaye157512

April 30, 2021 at 4:50 am

I stream on twitch too you just have to not let the haters get to you! Send me your name and I’ll give you a follow. I’ve been wanting to stream pole on twitch but wasn’t sure if it’s allowed or not. My twitch is Beastingbeauty 🙂

• StarMoney85

May 1, 2021 at 9:02 pm

People are gona love you and hate you for the same thing, I’ve learned that so far in life (I’m 35) . I know it’s challenging to ignore that amount of hate and you’re doing great. I’m encouraged by you to start my fitness journey thru your classes. He’s talking big to make up for smaller things. Ahem… Lil D syndrome. 😂 Keep doing what your doing 👑Queen👑 your awesome thank for having the courage to do it and keep going F the haters!👑🤗💖

• hookedonpole

May 1, 2021 at 10:39 pm

I doubt the crap stigma towards pole will ever end 🙁 That being said, I’ll speak about how I feel. I won’t stop poling, posting, etc. based on what others say or feel. I want to have fun and enjoy my pole journey. I’m hard enough on myself about my weak areas of pole, I don’t need or want crap from others for whatever reason. SO thankful for this site!!!!! So my point is, I don’t want to waste my time posting on sites or a social media platform that will be used by others to bash me, even if it’s their insecurity. And if I did post and discovered the hate and bashing is there, I’d have to decide if it’s worth it to keep posting, and if so, ignore and not let it get to me. If it’s not worth it and I have other platforms to enjoy sharing and posting, I’d stop posting on that bashing platform. Again, just my perspective, especially at 65 yrs young! Ain’t got time for that shit…(oops, is it okay to say that V?) I’m glad you felt comfortable to vent here. My opinion is shared in love and encouragement.