StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions How to prevent skin from “skidding”

• How to prevent skin from “skidding”

Posted by BlueRose22 on August 6, 2021 at 3:27 am

Hello y’all! Complete beginner here! I just got my home pole yesterday, have never taken a day of any kind of dance in my life, and honestly I’m just relying on YouTube to figure out what I’m doing 😂 so far I’ve had a ridiculous amount of fun. I’m currently following a Fit to Flaunt tutorial to do a pirouette into a drop it low. So you do a pirouette, and then with your back on the poll, stick one leg out and bend the other so you slide down the pole.

I’ve just about mastered it, but my back skids down the poll, almost like I need a good moisturizer to allow myself to smoothly slid down. Obviously I don’t want to use moisturizer right before dancing, so what can I do to prevent this? I wouldn’t imagine grip would help me because it would just make me stick more right? Or is this just something I have to deal with and try my hardest to make it look like I’m sliding Down in one smooth motion?

Thanks in advance for any help I can get! I’ve only been at it for a few hours but I can already tell I’m going to love this!

Veena replied 2 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Veena

Administrator
    August 6, 2021 at 3:13 pm

Hi welcome to pole!!

As a new dancer I highly suggest starting with the 30 day take off program as I’ll address a lot of things new dancers should know in the first 4 beginner programs. Youtube is fun but there’s no clear direction as far as skill building in a progressive manner like I provide in my programs. Randomly learning tricks doesn’t build a solid foundation for learning. You’ll progress safer and faster using a plan.

Sounds like you’re trying to do a sexy squat? https://www.studioveena.com/lessons/view/5e8fcdec-2a68-4bf8-a493-0b4eac110005

This lesson will also give you great info on how to use the hands instead of just relying on skin. https://www.studioveena.com/lessons/view/5e8fcdd7-8280-4af9-be9e-0b5aac110005

Let me know how it goes.