StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions How Much Should I commit?

• How Much Should I commit?

Posted by Jordan T on March 21, 2020 at 2:06 am

Hi all:
    I’m wondering how much time you a lot to practicing. I’m a new student and I am home due to the COVID crisis. I don’t have a pole so I’m trying to see how to best structure my time to get the most out of the lessons.

JessMcG replied 4 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    March 21, 2020 at 4:03 am

If you’re a new student who’s also new to home practice. Try the 30 take off program or if you’re more advanced try the 30 invert program. 💜

• JessMcG

March 21, 2020 at 2:43 pm

I first started my pole dancing journey this past September, and since then I’ve been doing strength training anywhere from 4-6 days per week. I did start with the 30 day take off and loved it! I’m a big girl and I started with very little strength and literally couldn’t do anything but a pirouette. A friend of mine on here suggested alternating days of strength training with days of learning spins and tricks so I find I really like that structure.
    A typical week of mine would be
    Day 1- Lower body training
    Day 2- leaning or practicing new spins/moves. Day3- upper body training
    Day 4-spins/moves or routine practice
    Day 5-lower body
    Usually there’s a day or two a week when I have to skip a day and rest. On average every time I train it’s only 30-45 mins but I’ve seen a lot of progress in 6 months so it works for me 🙂