• Hiatus

Posted by Stacia0330 on April 22, 2016 at 10:07 am

So, it’s been awhile since posting or looking at posts. My elbow continues to bug, despite stopping pretty much all pole-related activities. I was still going to my bendy classes and just doing traditional weight lifting. Stretching, rehabbing the elbow, biding my time to get back into the pole game. I mean, the pole will still be there, a few weeks or even months from now, amirite??? I can relax and work on my elbow and get back stronger and more conditioned for pole!!

SIGH! Just when the elbow seemed to be starting to chill out, another setback: Monday, I started to go into a deadlift with the barbell, and managed to mess up my lower back pretty good. Nice muscle strain, at the very least. So pissed at myself, because it was due to crappy form. IDK why I did that. Now, can’t bend forward, can’t hardly sit, or lie down. UGH! With the help of a lot if Ibuprofen, Salonpas patches, and Robaxin life is a bit more tolerable. Can I just say I hate being injured??!?? So frustrating. Trying to be patient and treat my body kindly during this very frustrating time.

Veena replied 7 years, 11 months ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Stacia0330

May 17, 2016 at 2:45 pm

Hi, all 🙂 been recuperating slowly and start PT for my elbow Thursday. My back is feeling better

• Elyse Hauke

May 17, 2016 at 4:27 pm

So glad to hear that you are experiencing some pain relief and that you are recovering. Back pain is one of the worst things I have ever had to deal with. Still working on my own issues, but thankfully, my back pain this time around on the pole is nowhere near where it was when I first started. All in all, pole has been the best thing for my back. Inversions have helped reduce pressure and even though the work is strenuous, the strength gains have done my back a great service. Keep us posted on your continued recovery!

• Stacia0330

May 17, 2016 at 5:11 pm

Thanks, Hellcat!! Yes, injuries are soo irritating–I appreciate your comment and your empathy! I did a few inverts on each side today at home, just to see how it felt. I can tell I’ve lost so much strength, which is a bit disheartening. Trying to take it slow and not be in such a hurry. I want to be able to actually make some gains and be in the game for a long time.

• mystical

May 17, 2016 at 7:01 pm

I hope you recover soon, thanks for keeping us updated.

• moonflower

May 18, 2016 at 5:29 pm

Recoveries usually take longer than expected. I totally understand about losing a lot of strength. I had clavicle surgery in January and a complication during the surgery meant I had to recover from a broken collarbone AND nerve damage. I just started to get back on the pole slowly now.

I wrote a blog post a few weeks back about what I did to keep sane during my time off: http://www.liveituppolefitness.com/pole-dance-recovering-injury/
    Maybe it’ll give you some ideas on how to survive the pole drought.

• Veena

Administrator
    May 18, 2016 at 11:14 pm

I’ve been away for a month myself. I hope you’re feeling better!!!