StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Help with the Crucifix, please?

• Help with the Crucifix, please?

Posted by Suzanna on July 22, 2016 at 3:14 am

I am feeling so uncomfortable when trying to do the crucifix. The inverting itself is ok, but once I have to release the hands—especially the first hand—I feel unstable, and also not holding the pole is twisting me around. I cannot hold for too long either. I understand that I probably just need to practice a lot to figure it out, but maybe somebody can see something not right and make my practice more productive?

I am still a beginner (just a few months of pole), but the V (straddle) invert is not scary to me at all. I added it at the end of the video, when I tried to dead lift it and not swing 😃 I did maybe 10–15 of them to get a little abs workout. 💪

Here is the link to my video: https://www.studioveena.com/videos/view/57918e0e-f2fc-4d7b-a797-002bac110005

Suzanna replied 7 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Intigany

July 22, 2016 at 3:24 am

You’re starting with your hands too high. Move your hands down to chin level and then invert. This allows for a more secure hold with your legs once inverted.

• Suzanna

July 22, 2016 at 4:07 am

Intigany, it’s hard to see, but I think I have my right hand below the chin and the left somewhere around my eyes/forehead or so.. Shall I get both hands that low (chin level)?