StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Hello from newbie

• Hello from newbie

Posted by Nat on January 28, 2018 at 7:33 pm

Just wanted to introduce myself to you guys. I have started poling end of November 2017,so not that long. I am doing private sessions once a week but unfortunately I am already injured so no pole for me. I have got my own pole at home and that just makes me want to practice more hence considering signing up to the online training alongside my studio classes. I have been browsing the content and I love it, everything is so well laid out and logical. My question is how do you fit everything in? I go to the gym, probably 4/5 times a week, doing cardio and weights/kettlebell. Then I do the workout at home few times a week (something like pilates with ankle weights, loop bands etc). Plus I do stretching, usually hour long twice a week. I am just struggling to figure out how can I incorporate pole into it without my body getting too tired and sore. Would you suggest dropping some days at the gym and just do pole instead or it’s still OK to do both on the same day? Thank you 👍

Nat replied 6 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • hookedonpole

January 29, 2018 at 6:19 am

First of all, welcome! Second, I think Veena and others can give better input than I can. I tried doing boot camp full body workout and pole on same day, didn’t work for me, it was too much. FYI I am 62 and this was just few years ago. So my schedule of workouts is different than others. Sounds like you have full workout schedule. One thing is getting rest days for recovery. If I may ask, how did you injure yourself and how soon do you think you’ll get back to pole?

I eventually cut down to one day week for boot camp workout, and 2-3 days a week for pole. The work out place I was going to suddenly closed down, so for now my focus is on pole.

I hope you can find a schedule/plan that works for you to include pole.

• Nat

January 29, 2018 at 2:57 pm

Thank you ☺️. I have underestimated how quickly my body cooled down after being to the gym and I went onto doing invert. Add to that the fact I have not got the core strength to go down in controlled manner I have pulled muscle behind shoulder blade (I have done kick inverts in my sessions). Needless to say I won’t be doing inverts for a while now till I build up strength.

• Veena

Administrator
    January 30, 2018 at 3:59 am

I’m sorry you’re injured! Rest and take care, the pole will still be waiting when you’re ready.

I like to lift and pole the same day, not at two different times but one right after the other. However, I don’t do much weight lifting any more, it’s more body weight strength stuff then pole work.

If you follow any of the programs here you’ll find I include strength, stretching and technique work for 30 days. You could start with the 30 day program and see how it might fit in with your schedule. Keep in mind you can’t do everything all the time, there maybe times you do more pole work and other times you focus on strength or flexibility. Listen to your body and go with the flow.

• Nat

January 30, 2018 at 2:29 pm

Thank you Veena! Thank you for creating such a wonderful and detailed programme that is also affordable x