StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Hello all, I’m completely new to all things pole.

• Hello all, I’m completely new to all things pole.

Posted by Adoreabull on January 13, 2019 at 5:43 am

Hello!

I’m completely new to all things pole, have had bad luck so far trying to get the pole installed in the house (was too short for my ceiling and managed to order the wrong extensions too).

I wanted to ask you all, what are things you wish you knew before you started pole/were a pole beginner? And are there any particular ‘must have/wishlist’ items you would suggest?

Thank you all!

I love seeing all of your videos and photos, it’s very motivating and inspiring.

Adoreabull replied 5 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • mystical

January 14, 2019 at 2:54 am

i would say listen to your body and dont over do it. dont compare your progress with someone elses either..trust me its easy to do.

must haves would be grip aids, high heels, knee pads, leg warmers..

welcome to the site…

were you able to get your pole up yet?

• Veena

Administrator
    January 15, 2019 at 7:24 pm

Hello and welcome! I hope your pole installation issue was resolved! I think the biggest thing to remember is to warm up both your body and pole…if you find you can’t grip often times it’s just that you need to warm up more. If you can’t grip because of sweat then investing in some antiperspirant grip aid can help a ton!

Also remember this is no “level” a dancer should be at in a certain time period. Pole can be beneficial at any level.

• Adoreabull

January 16, 2019 at 11:35 am

Thank you both for your reply and for your tips!

I was not able to get the pole up, unfortunately I purchased a 2013 X-pole and purchased 2014 X-pole joints and extensions 🙁 I’m still waiting on them to arrive.

I look forward to seeing more posts from you all! 😀