StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Grip Aid: Yay or Nay?

• Grip Aid: Yay or Nay?

Posted by Serzi on April 13, 2022 at 10:44 am

I’ve always hated the feel of grip aids and have never personally experienced the benefit I see so many others praising. Often I’ll see a video of somebody fully clothed and just rockin’ it on the pole and when I ask “How???” they tell me it’s all thanks to some grip aid. So…I end up trying it…yet again…and it never works even half as well as my natural grip. Sure af not doing anything while fully clothed, not even a basic spin let alone an invert.

So, tell me, what is the magic w/ grip aids for some people? And, yes, I let it dry all the way before I try. Is it possible it doesn’t help me because my palms do not really sweat in the first place? Do I need to build better strength in my grip in general? Wtf sorcery is it w/ these grip aids anyway? Drives me crazy. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤣

Veena replied 2 years ago 3 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    April 13, 2022 at 7:23 pm

I only need grip aid when it’s cold out or when I perform (cuz the venues are often cold)

It’s almost a necessity for those who sweat because they need an antiperspirant. If you’re lucky you might never need it. I don’t feel it’s something everyone should use.

If I’m dancing in clothes and plan on tricks I use my pole wrap for grip.

• Serzi

April 13, 2022 at 8:36 pm

Veena, I’ve been gone far too long. What is this “pole wrap” you speak of? 😮

• Veena

Administrator
    April 13, 2022 at 11:18 pm
  • Serzi

April 15, 2022 at 2:09 pm

Thank you, I’ll def be giving this a try if I can ever get some quality pole time in.

• polertamikia8851

April 19, 2022 at 2:37 am

I have tried the home made grip aid, glycerin, water, vodka ( i used rum instead) *maybe using rum is why it doesnt work* but I found it to be slippery?

• Veena

Administrator
    April 19, 2022 at 2:39 am

Polertamikia, I can’t that home made mix on its own either. I have to add mighty grip on top and it’s magic…have you seen my video about this?

• polertamikia8851

April 20, 2022 at 1:16 am

Hey Veena, I did, I actually dont know where to buy mighty grip in canada?
    Do you know if using Rum instead of vodka would affect the outcome of it?

• Veena

Administrator
    April 20, 2022 at 1:23 am

Oh rum has sugar in it so that would not be the same. I don’t know what the equivalent of mighty grip would be in Canada.

• Serzi

April 20, 2022 at 2:32 am

Rum is fermented sugarcane or molasses and has a thicker, syrupy quality to it. Vodka is derived from potatoes and is a pure form of alcohol which can be used to clean and disinfect surfaces without leaving residue.

Just looked it up, who knew? 🤷🏻‍♀️🤣

• Serzi

April 20, 2022 at 2:37 am

Worth noting, Karol Helms recommended Dry Hands to me back-in-the-day. I tried it, still didn’t do anything for me, but many pro-polers swear by it. It’s easy to make yourself as it’s just isopropyl alcohol and silica.

• polertamikia8851

April 21, 2022 at 2:36 pm

LOL im not a drinker and had rum here at the house, ill buy some vodka and give that a try to see if it makes any difference. Is mighty grip like a chaulk?

• Veena

Administrator
    April 21, 2022 at 7:13 pm

Polertamikia, Might grip says “heat activated wax powder as body heat activates the tackiness”