StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Grip Aid

• Grip Aid

Posted by PenelopeAnn on November 5, 2017 at 8:18 am

Hi ladies! Two of my students have made it to the finals of a pole competition. Unfortunately the poles are powder coated, and we’re in the middle of an African summer, so the ladies are battling with sweaty hands. We don’t use grip aids at all in my studio. Advise please! What do you suggest for their hands? And bodies?

PenelopeAnn replied 6 years, 5 months ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Autumn Sky

November 5, 2017 at 12:09 pm

I am a big fan of Dirty Girl Poltice for my sweaty hands. It comes in a powder form, you wash your hands, leave them a little wet, than apply the powder until it becomes a paste. Once it dries(usually about 3-4 minutes), you rinse it off, and your good to go. Keeps my hands from sweating for hours.

• PenelopeAnn

November 5, 2017 at 8:11 pm

Thanks Autumn Sky! Unfortunately my choices seem to be limited to Mighty Grip, Tite Grip, Dry Hands and Itac. Any experience with any of these?

• grayeyes

November 5, 2017 at 11:59 pm

Dry Hands–literally changed my poling. I didn’t even think I had sweaty hands but after using Dry Hands I can do so much more. Prior to that I used Mighty Grip but Dry Hands is much better for me. I’ve also used Itac 2 but it’s too sticky for me except perhaps behind knees or something but I wouldn’t put it on my hands. I even tried Cramer’s Firm Grip but it is very sticky also and I would personally only use it like Itac behind a knee or something. I pole on a Lil Mynx SS.

• StrangeFox

November 6, 2017 at 12:51 am

I have the opposite problem – dry, slippery skin. I use dry hands but it doesn’t always work for me. I find for my body the ol’ shaving gel (with glycerin!!) trick works best, but I’m not sure if that will work for sweat, too.

If you have the option of getting all three grip aids, have your students try them all and see what works best!

Congrats to your students on making it to the finals!

• jbrint9658

November 6, 2017 at 1:20 am

Hi. I have had trouble ordering from Poletice for the past 2 months! They are not delivering or responding. I love them but do not recommend them anymore. I am afraid that they are out of business

• PenelopeAnn

November 6, 2017 at 11:23 am

Thanks so much ladies!