StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Frustrating times happen

• Frustrating times happen

Posted by Veena on January 17, 2020 at 8:50 pm

Story time: This past week I’ve started working out for real after months of kinda just doing what I like here and there. You know what? I’m out of shape. I know it LOOKS like moves are easy but… with the exception of creating new live lessons for you guys. I’ve just done what comes easily and that isn’t how we grow! *Sigh*

This morning I thought I would do some pike dead lifts from TG handstand…couldn’t do ONE! 😭 I thought, “how about a few shoulder mounts.” NOPE I could almost dead lift one on each side but that took all my energy. 😴 Here’s the one that shocked me the most. I decided to do leg hook side crunches. OMG my right side was so much weaker than my left I could only do 7 on the right!

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know the struggle is real even if you’re a professional. 💜

Veena replied 3 years, 12 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • StrangeFox

January 19, 2020 at 12:20 am

I am soooo glad you shared this! And I’m so sorry you’re having a hard time. Even though I’ve accomplished some long-time goals lately, I’ve also been having some frustrating times (it must be a full moon or something). This week I was struggling with moves that I could do no problem previously – I was an absolute mess. Although I am not happy to hear you are on the struggle bus, it’s comforting to know that even someone as skilled as you has off days.

I’ve devoted this year to trying to become more “well-rounded” which means working on things that I usually neglect instead of hyper-focusing on one or two skills. Unfortunately, that means training things I’m not good at, which can be really humbling. I feel ya!

• Veena

Administrator
    January 19, 2020 at 11:44 pm

You are definitely not alone I get it! It’s so annoying lol

• Colleen

April 3, 2020 at 1:21 pm

Veena, thank you for sharing your struggles. It helps to hear that even a professional such as yourself has struggles. I’m not a professional, but I used to be able to shoulder mount no problem. However, I didn’t practice it enough after accomplishing it, and now I’m struggling with it. So I know now that if I don’t continue to practice a difficult move, I may not be able to continue to accomplish it.

• Veena

Administrator
    April 3, 2020 at 2:36 pm

The good news is once you get back into a regular practice it comes back faster then when you first learned!!!