StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Front Splits Are Close! I’m So Excited!

• Front Splits Are Close! I’m So Excited!

Posted by Colleen Larson on April 24, 2020 at 11:02 pm

I started pole dancing when I was 50. The entire time I’ve been trying to get the front splits. Now, at almost 58, I’m about one and a half inches from the floor. I’m confident that by the end of 30 days, I’ll be on the floor. It has taken a long time, and I did quit several times along the way, but now I can see the front splits in my sights. This is extremely exciting for me. ~~ I remember when I was 50 or 51, and I took a stretching class from a pole dancer. She told me it took her ten years to get the splits, and I was so discouraged by that. But now, I realize that this is not a sprint. It’s a marathon – a journey and a personal path. Some people can get the splits in a matter of months, but some take years. Also, I got into this in my 50s without any dance or gymnastics background. So that plays into it, too. ~~~ I’d love to hear stories from those of you who can do the front splits and how you felt when you knew that you would be able to accomplish it. Thanks!

Juicy J replied 3 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    April 25, 2020 at 1:17 am

That’s super exciting, congrats!!!! 🎉

There’s nothing that frustrates me more than claims of “get your splits” in x amount of time. I get using words to generate interest and I’m cool with that, but there are a lot of people out there causing others to think flexibility is a quick easy thing for everyone. For some, yes. Other’s it really takes time.

• Colleen Larson

April 25, 2020 at 2:47 am

Absolutely! Years for me!

• Juicy J

July 23, 2020 at 1:27 pm

Wow!! That’s really exciting, Colleen!!
    I’ve been poling continuously since March 2010 and celebrated my 10-year poleversary (yes, I made up that word!) and only recently, I am finally flat in my front splits on both sides.
    Mind you, I tried training for my front splits in the past before but due to injuries early on in my stretching routines, I gave up both times after the injuries happened. I wanted to ensure I was fully healed before I tried again in future.

Then due to lockdown being implemented in Sydney Australia where I live, I decided that stretching for my Front Splits & Middle Splits/Straddles became a goal for me again.
    I utilised a Splits Training app and my pole studio’s Zoom classes and guess what?! I got my front splits on BOTH SIDES in just 78 days!! Not bad for a gal that’s 34!!!
    I didn’t expect my results to turn up so quickly but at the same time, it also felt like a long time coming whilst I was training for them.

The day I was able to finally touchdown was the best feeling ever!! That sense of achievement and pride was just unstoppable!

Please don’t give up! Keep going!!!