StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Flex in the pole.

• Flex in the pole.

Posted by JorgiB on December 12, 2018 at 4:55 pm

I’ve put up my new 45mm titanium gold xpert (NX) when I pull on it, it seems fine but if I give it a good tug it looks as if it’s flexing?? Is some amount of flex normal?? I have re tightened it and it’s still flexing when I yank it.
    Is this normal?

Veena replied 5 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • JorgiB

December 12, 2018 at 5:47 pm

Also I am using it with the dome, main A and B poles with a 200mm extension at the top. Neither is it over extended at the adjuster rod.
    I used to have a chrome 45mm xpert (XX) and I never had close to this amount of flexibility in it.
    PLEASE HELP!!!
    I’ve had a 6 year break off the pole and want to get practising but I’m a bit weary now 🤔🤔
    Could it be the x joints not stretching out enough? I have taken it apart and made sure the joints were put back in as tight as I could do them. Are the joints (inside) supposed to be oiled at all to loosen up any stiffness they may have??
    Thanks

• Veena

Administrator
    December 12, 2018 at 7:05 pm

In my experience the newer xpoles flex more than the old. And the smaller the diameter the more flex you’ll get for sure. 40s flex more than 45 or 50 mm poles. You can post a video of it if you want use to be able to see how much flex it has.