StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Exercising arms every day, good or bad?

• Exercising arms every day, good or bad?

Posted by Estef Martinez on August 23, 2017 at 7:04 pm

Hey everyone! So, I go to pole lessons on Tuesdays and Thursdays and on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, I lift weights. Is that a good idea? I’ve been watching the intro videos here and I know you need rest days, so what do you guys think? When I get my poke earlier next month (yay, can’t wait!!!) I will ideally do pole every day plus weights for the lower body (will probably stop doing weights for the arms seeing as I’ll be exercising my arms on the pole). Is that a bit too much? I stared lifting weights 2 months ago so I don’t lift much yet.

Estef Martinez replied 6 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • LatinPoler

August 23, 2017 at 10:02 pm

Too much indeed! I would not exercise more than two days in a row the same body part, especially considering you are relatively new. You risk injuring and overtraining, you may end up performing worse in both weights and pole. Try to alternate upper body, lower body and cardio. Doing pole every day is not recommended either, even if it is “easy”.

• grayeyes

August 24, 2017 at 12:20 am

I wouldn’t pole one day and lift upper body the next. If I felt I needed to lift upper body I would (and have) lift on the same day I pole so they can recover the next day. Personally I would lift after pole if you’re going to do the same day because if my arms are too tired it will be a very crappy pole day but lifting after just means I’ll probably have to use lighter weights but the arms are still gonna get a great workout that day between pole and weights.

• Estef Martinez

August 24, 2017 at 2:41 am

@LatinPoler how often do you pole? I’d like to build enough endurance to do it every day. I know it won’t happen overnight of course.
    @grayeyes That actually sounds like a great idea! I’ll see how that goes along! Though at the end of a pole session my arms are usually exhausted!!!

• LatinPoler

August 24, 2017 at 2:00 pm

You should not pole every day, never. Not only the muscles, but also the joints and the brain need a break. Right now I pole 4-5 days a week, but not all of them are hard core. Never more than 2 days in a row, maybe 3 if one of them is light or focusing on other muscle groups. When I started (about 2 years ago) I never poled 2 days in a row, every other day at most. Slow and steady wins the pole race. You need to recover and build muscle memory, and the body needs time to process the work. I was already fit when I started poling, but not young (42), maybe younger people can recover faster. But personally, I think better safe than sorry.

• Estef Martinez

August 25, 2017 at 2:48 am

@LatinPoler thanks for the advice! I will slow it down a bit 😀😀😀