StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions EXTENDED BUTTERFLY TO BOX SPLITS?

• EXTENDED BUTTERFLY TO BOX SPLITS?

Posted by drsltfl2978 on August 29, 2017 at 7:03 pm

Any pointers on this? I learned it a few years ago, and it seems I totally forgot. Do I move the bottom hand up before trying to place the bottom leg? I recall it wasn’t that difficult………just can’t remember the technique. Thanks in advance!

StrangeFox replied 6 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    August 29, 2017 at 10:38 pm

Hmmm. I’d don’t think I have a lesson for this. I could see if I can do a Bonus lesson for it tomorrow if you still need help.

• drsltfl2978

August 30, 2017 at 12:22 am

You’re awesome! Thx!!!

I found that if I bent my bottom arm and pulled with my bicep? And let my torso/head go from parallel to the pole to parallel to the floor? I was balanced enough momentarily to bring the back leg around and place the heel on the pole. I’m sure there’s probably a more technical way to explain it but any pointers are welcome

• Veena

Administrator
    August 31, 2017 at 1:27 am

I didn’t pole today, but plan on it for tomorrow!

• Veena

Administrator
    September 2, 2017 at 12:28 am

I still have this on my list!! Woke up to a broken refrigerator 2 days ago and then smashed my foot last night getting out of bed when one of our kids knocked on the door at night. lol LIFE.

• StrangeFox

September 2, 2017 at 1:11 am

Good timing! I just learned this one – I can’t yet do a full middle split, and I’m not comfortable performing this (or extended butterfly) without a spot (yet!) but I’m also interested in a Veena lesson and will be watching for it. 🙂 I would love to know how to get out of this one because when I tried I got all twisted up like a pretzel. LOL! I do recall having to move my bottom hand up before I could get my bottom foot on the pole.

Veena – I hope you didn’t injure your foot! And broken refrigerators are a pain… lost half of my groceries last year when mine broke down! Best of luck! ❤

• Veena

Administrator
    September 6, 2017 at 9:07 pm

Here ya go Butterfly to Center pole split….I demo both ex bfly and bfly….and a few exits as well. I hope it helps! https://www.studioveena.com/lessons/view/59b05f49-17c4-4d50-9c68-585dac110005

• StrangeFox

September 7, 2017 at 1:04 am

YAY! Thank you, Veena! I’m going to watch it tonight. Thanks so much for including the exits. 🙂 I didn’t know this could be done from butterfly as well!