StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Ditched IG, who else is moving to SV???

• Ditched IG, who else is moving to SV???

Posted by azu polerbear on July 21, 2019 at 2:54 pm

So I made the switch, I will even delete all my videos from IG and will start posting here from now on. My handle in IG is azu_polefitness , I would love to know if anyone else is moving here, especially if I follow you on IG and you have a different name in SV.

Some years ago I decided to close Facebook because the only thing I cared about was to interact with the pole dancing community and FB wasn’t the platform for it, so I joined IG but often questioned myself if I really wanted to sell my soul to yet another social media application….then, I became close to so many pole dancers and fell in love with the community that I couldn’t leave, not to mention losing all my videos that I never saved anywhere else! But since I had a kid and moved to another city and didn’t have my pole for a while (and now that I have it is a really bad pole space anyway), I feel like I’m starting all over again so I don’t care about losing my videos anymore and what is the point if I’m shadow banned anyway.

I really hope people start coming to SV to keep the good vibes going

Neesy118 replied 4 years, 9 months ago 11 Members · 18 Replies
  • 18 Replies
  • Bes1984

July 21, 2019 at 4:02 pm

I saw today that IG has shadow banned the tag femalefitness!!! How bad is that 😭

• zaylaahoops5117

July 22, 2019 at 12:10 am

I registered today for Studio Veena. I knew about this website many years ago, but I did not know we are allowed to upload photos and videos. I will still continue to use all platforms possible.

• Sammy Sparkles

July 22, 2019 at 6:03 am

I’ve been signed up to this site for years but haven’t been using it. With the shadow ban on Instagram and copyright music issues I decided to make a new account and I’ll be putting my pole content on here and watching it here as well. I also do aerial hoop :). I’ll still keep my Instagram even though they are treating us like shit. Looking forward to spending more time here though.

• azu polerbear

July 22, 2019 at 7:58 am

The shadow ban is annoying, but what made me move was that I got blocked out of nowhere! I am not that active in IG to have been blocked for too much activity too fast, my last post had been days before I got blocked and I got blocked first thing in the morning so I found that ridiculous. Will probably stay in IG just for the challenges.
    Looking forward to all of you posting your progress here!!!! might also post trapeze and Lyra once in a while if I register at the circus school again 😀

• Charley

July 22, 2019 at 12:07 pm

I was extremely active on here until 2014 when life fell apart. After I had my son I stopped watching what everyone else was doing and just returned to practicing things that felt good on my body. I only recently started using IG again to find new pole stuff and the ban is making that hard. I’m hoping everyone comes back here so there’s a good pole resource.

• Sammy Sparkles

July 22, 2019 at 8:40 pm

I would love to see some other aerial arts on here so please post! I do aerial hoop so I’d love to share that as well as my pole stuff.

• Claire Moon

July 22, 2019 at 11:22 pm

I’m not completely ditching IG, but I am posting back here again. I’m very concerned about my IG profile, as I tend to post spicy stuff from time to time. I used to post on here a bit a couple years ago and then stopped for no reason really. I definitely love that I can pause and rewind videos on here. So helpful trying to try what others are trying!! ❤️ Glad to be back!

• azu polerbear

July 23, 2019 at 12:56 am

Ooooh I haven’t played videos yet, I didn’t know you could pause them! That’s neat!!!! Def one thing I hated of IG lol I’ll probably just use IG for pole challenges. One nice thing I noticed is that I’m spending a lot less time on social media, so that’s a good thing! And I’m not thinking on what combos in less than a minute I could do to post on IG, I’m more enjoying my practice now 🙂

• Veena

Administrator
    July 23, 2019 at 2:46 pm

That’s awesome to see some of you moving over here! Though I wouldn’t expect people to totally leave IG as I know it’s a way for businesses to reach new clients that are not already into pole. But SV actually has a huge email reach and it’s a great way to stay connected with pole folks.

About videos, you can also favorite any video so it’s there for you to watch later! You can visit other people accounts and watch only their videos or select different video sections to look through like old Challenge videos.

SV is not an app so don’t be afraid to click on things to see where they take you 🙂

• Val Pepper

July 27, 2019 at 6:52 pm

I did remove the IG. I’m going to be more active here for sure. Btw, I’m beginner and will love to read about everyone’s experiences and tips.

• Veena

Administrator
    July 29, 2019 at 1:37 pm

IG is still purging accounts…a few days ago they deleted a bunch of Meme accounts, my kids were like “there’s nothing in my feed now!” They no longer suspend accounts and seem to go right to deleting them.

And although they have given some of the pole hashtags back, they’re still preventing videos or photos with a still shot of a pole from being seen on non pole hashtags!

• azu polerbear

July 29, 2019 at 7:01 pm

Part of me thinks it might be like that time Facebook was manipulating content on people’s feeds to research the emotion response of the users and they caused severe depression for some 🤷‍♀️

• Sammy Sparkles

July 30, 2019 at 11:16 pm

Like WTF?! I’ve removed all pole related hashtags from my account because it just seems easier that way. They are all labeled as “dance” or “aerial” although that will probably be banned soon too!

• Veena

Administrator
    July 30, 2019 at 11:22 pm

I’m trying to help by not encouraging people to use hashtags in my challenges….my personal IG was fine until I joined a pole Challenge and a few days into it I could not longer be seen under ANY hashtag….My whole account was banned 😭 Before that I was only blocked in hashtags if I had a still shot with a pole in view.

• Charley

July 31, 2019 at 10:01 pm

There’s not a lot of community on IG. Questions about tips to do a move largely go unanswered and people are just saving videos of things they want to try without interacting. I guess the lack of interaction is why I’ve never been big on IG to begin with. Facebook can be better but some of the pole groups are down right nasty.

Page 1 of 2