StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Designing half hour beginner workout

• Designing half hour beginner workout

Posted by Ninaklein on June 2, 2021 at 8:53 am

Hi Veena!
    I’ve started pole about a year ago but have not made a lot of progress because of my work (super long days and sometimes so tired, so some weeks I practice a few times a week, and sometimes I don’t practice for weeks if I’m busy). That also greatly affected my motivation, I’ve felt so tired from work on my days off and felt very demotivated when I got back to the pole and lost all the strength and skinconditioning I’d built up.
    I try to build a new habit of working out for 30 minutes every morning, also before work on days that it is possible (like when I would then still have +7 hours of sleep at night) to help me build strength and flexibility for when I do have the time to come back to practicing more. Do you have some tips on how to build this workout schedule?

amelia2000 replied 2 years, 10 months ago 4 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • PoleAdventures

June 2, 2021 at 11:02 am

Hi Ninaklein

I’m sorry to hear that you have so busy days of work! I feel with you and sending you some love and hugs 💜💜
    So I’m in the same situation as you, I work in psychology and my shifts are extended since corona.

What I was most stressed was that I can’t fit in enough strength work (in my opinion) to see progress because of my limited time. But I had to overthinking my whole training and I came up with a solution that worked for me, maybe it works for you too.

So I do a fast warmup with moves that warm the whole body like jumping jacks etc. nothing too heavy to safe your energy but make you warm enough. Try Veenas express warmup, that is great.
    Then I do conditioning and strength training 3 different exercises like pole pullups, split grip lifts, knee tucks etc each exercise 3 x 5 each side. This is a number that works for me and need not that much time and you will warm up your body further. I suggest you pick the exercises from veenas lessons, she have a lot of different exercises which you can choose from, depending on what you would work on.
    Than I pick 4 moves I will work on. Veena placed the lessons in the order of difficulty, you can just follow the lessons from top to bottom in each difficulty section. I suggest you take 4 and follow them, practice them until you get confident (not perfect) and then pick another. I do this for myself and everytime I can do a move on both sides in a secure way, then I add the next move, so you ever have 4 things to practice.
    Then a 5 minute cool down for the muscles (watch again veenas lesson).

Or you can just follow a program here, Veena has great programs.

So to sum up:

– Short fast warmup
    – Conditioning/ Strengts 3 exercises 3 x 5 each side
    – Practice 4 Moves (Spins/ Holds/ Combos/ Transitions etc)
    – Short Cool down 5- 10 Min

Hope it helps! Search around the side, take notes what you will learn next can help 🙂

Greetings Anita/ Pole Adventures 💜💜💜

• Ninaklein

June 2, 2021 at 11:18 am

Thank you!
    That’s actually some great advice!
    I’ll try it out and post about how it went!

• Veena

Administrator
    June 2, 2021 at 4:13 pm

Honestly, if you’re using my lessons you want have to plan anything. I’d try anyone of the 30 day programs or VIP plans. They’re mostly under an hour long, include warm ups and stretches.

• amelia2000

June 2, 2021 at 7:46 pm

I have a similiar system to PoleAdventures.
    Short warm up, then I do 4 strength or mobility moves on circuit for 50-60secs before moving to next exercise, repeat twice.
    Then I usually do one or two static or exotic freestyles, then I work on something new or weak, then I do freestyles or combos, then stretch.

• Ninaklein

June 3, 2021 at 8:03 am

@Veena, Thanks for your reply.
    I’ve done the 30-day Take-off last year and it was super helpfull, I felt my strenght and skills grow and it was super fun to do, but for me it was not possible in 30 minutes. It usually took me an hour and a half.
    I checked again just now and only to watch the video instructions takes me about 30m a day.
    I do really want to try them again so I will try this solution:

– Watch all instruction video’s the night before bed instead of while training
    – Try to do the excercises without the instruction video’s, only rewatch them if it doesn’t feel right
    – Cut out the rest in between excercises and do 2 excercises at the same time (the rest for set 1 excercise 1 will then be the workout set 1 for excercise 2.)
    – Make peace with adding another 30m to my early wake-up. My body will get used to it as soon as I keep on it and go to bed on time.

I will let you know how it went when I try it out later today!

• Ninaklein

June 3, 2021 at 10:27 am

Okay so it actually worked out great!

I watched the video’s while folding laundry and doing the dishes, and when I did the workout I could remember some of the tips in the video about my form and I very much felt all the burn!
    I guess that if I keep watching the video’s the night before eventually I will know all the tips without having to watch the instructions for the strength and stretch stuff!

After that I did the workout as I described in the last post and it took me 37 minutes to do the warmup, the exercises (right side and left side!) and the 3 stretches at the end! I feel amazing! Also very happy to know that I only have to add another 15 minutes to my early wake up to do this every morning.

Thanks Veena and everybody giving me advice and support!
    I feel super blessed to have this community to fall back on so I don’t have to figure out everything alone.

• PoleAdventures

June 3, 2021 at 5:14 pm

Glad to hear it worked for you.
    Sorry for not giving you the tip about watching the videos before. That is a habit I came up with few years ago. Also I watch tutorials from time to time in my free time when I not doing pole and I noticed that this is benefitial. Even when you watch tutorials of moves you are not yet able to do, watch some tutorials. Your brain will save some information about it.

• amelia2000

June 10, 2021 at 8:14 am

qpoleadventures I watch tutorials too in my free time, then I rewatch during training if necessary. It means though I don’t spend time watching stuff that’s out of my league during training