StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions DIY Portable Pole Stage/DIY Swinging Pole?

• DIY Portable Pole Stage/DIY Swinging Pole?

Posted by Dorian Bae on January 31, 2016 at 6:51 pm

Hello, all!

I’m new to the forum, but not new to pole! I’m a pole dancer and burlesque performer who wants to start incorporating more pole into my burlesque routines. The problem is, to do that, I’d need a portable pole and stage, along the lines of the X-pole stage or the Platinum Stages platform. I’d love to get a legit stage at some point, but they are bloody expensive, and it will take me a long time to save up! Does anyone have any experience building their own portable stage for pole work? I’ve been looking around everywhere, including this forum, and I haven’t found anything that looks terribly portable.

Some of the venues I perform in have rigging for silks/chains/other aerial acts. I found a thread here that was talking about building a swinging pole, but nobody in the thread actually seemed to have any experience building it. (https://www.studioveena.com/forums/view/52fcf639-7a00-4ef2-9046-1e280a9aa0eb) Has anybody built their own swinging pole? (I might eventually just take the plunge and try building my own with some sideshow friends, if so, I’ll post about it here!)

Thank you!

chemgoddess1 replied 8 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Dorian Bae

January 31, 2016 at 6:52 pm

Oops, for some reason the link didn’t format properly.

https://www.studioveena.com/forums/view/52fcf639-7a00-4ef2-9046-1e280a9aa0eb

• mystical

January 31, 2016 at 7:20 pm

Hi, adora butch I seen video of ava Madison on here has a swinging pole, im not sure if she still active on this site, she does have a YouTube channel. Hope this helps

• Dorian Bae

January 31, 2016 at 11:55 pm

Thanks, Mystical! I’ll try to get in touch with her and see what she says 🙂

• chriswarner

February 1, 2016 at 3:53 pm

As an engineer who poles I have looked into making a highly portable stage pole. To make stages like X – stage and Platinum Stages that are safe involves a fair amount of welding that needs accurate jigging, not an easy set-up. I was going to start with something more like an R-pole using a main central aluminium boss that the pole and support legs all clip into. That way everything can be machined easily using just a lathe and mill, and the dismantled pole should be lightweight and fit into a backpack, that is the plan. I retire next year and that is one of my first projects, I have found the materials already, just need the time.

• Dorian Bae

February 3, 2016 at 12:02 am

Thank you, chriswarner, for the info. I’ll be waiting eagerly to see the results of your project- good luck! Please do update me if you ever start making and selling portable poles, especially swinging poles.

• chemgoddess1

February 8, 2016 at 10:41 pm

I personally would never trust a home made pole for performance purposes, ESPECIALLY a swinging one! Karol Helms has a swinging pole and I know that Dakota Fox at Aradia in Raleigh just ordered one from Pantera.

https://www.facebook.com/Flying-Pole-386510088193671/