StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Choreo Block – Need help brainstorming for an upcoming showcase!

• Choreo Block – Need help brainstorming for an upcoming showcase!

Posted by HilaryKate aka LolaSlaytor on October 30, 2018 at 5:49 pm

Hey y’all!!
    It’s been AGES since I’ve posted here and I missed this community! I’ve been driving myself crazy trying to think of a song/character/theme for an upcoming showcase and then it occurred to me that I was forgetting about all the amazing Veeners! I’ve gotten some great advice and ideas here in the past, so I thought I’d try again.

I’ll be performing in my studio’s student showcase on December 1. The theme is “Legends and Lore” but it’s pretty open as to how I’d like to interpret that. I’ve been toying with doing some sort of dark take on mythology or folklore (like a Valkyrie or an Ifrit) vs more of a tribute piece to a musical legend.
    I tend to gravitate more towards darker or more emotional pieces, in a contemporary style. Comedic routines are harder for me to create, and life is busy, so I’m not going to try to challenge myself that way for this performance. This is a family event, so I can’t have any explicit language in my song. Oh – and the song should be 3-5 minutes long.

I’d love to hear what folks have to say! Thanks in advance!

HilaryKate aka LolaSlaytor replied 5 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Caituhlin

November 1, 2018 at 1:05 pm

Ooh! Cruel World by Fjora!! It’s super dramatic and kinda dark, but totally family-friendly…and has some fun musical accents and phrases to play with. 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyCVOax7iHY

• Veena

Administrator
    November 1, 2018 at 11:12 pm

Oh that’s a cool song Caituhlin!

I’d suggest watching some off pole dancers to get a different perspective on things you could do!

• HilaryKate aka LolaSlaytor

November 2, 2018 at 3:34 am

Suuuuuch a great song!! I’m gonna play around with it and see if I can get some inspiration!