StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Chopsticks substitute

• Chopsticks substitute

Posted by Zoiiys on August 15, 2018 at 3:17 am

Hi! I have a slight problem that could use a nice solution. My choreo calls for chopsticks after a pole sit. And mine is just horrendous. Can anyone suggest a nice substitute for it that looks kind of similar? It’s a sit to chopsticks back to a sit.
    Thank you in advance!

Zoiiys replied 5 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    August 15, 2018 at 9:04 pm

What is the horrendous part? Though I’m sure it’s not as bad as you think, is it the legs or holding yourself up with the arm pit that’s an issue?

• Zoiiys

August 16, 2018 at 1:29 am

I can’t lift my leg into a nice flatter chopsticks. It’s in an ugly V shape for now.

• Veena

Administrator
    August 16, 2018 at 3:09 am

First don’t be too hard on yourself. Think of the split legs as an option, the full split is just one thing you can do with the legs in while using a back/rear arm pit grip! If it’s intentional v is just another variation. Other leg positions you could try are attitude legs, straight legs (aka rocketman) or a zigzag shape with the legs, with feet pointing to the floor, knees bent.

There’s really no option I can think of that will look like a split other than a split when in the air in a back armpit grip. You can fake a split on the ground but unless you are allowed to grab the leg there’s not a trick I know of to look like a split. Maybe someone else will have a better idea!

Working on the deep glute muscles will really wake up that active split so keep that in mind as you practice in the future.

• Zoiiys

August 16, 2018 at 7:34 am

Thank you for taking your time to give me an answer! I really appreciate it. I guess I’ll stick to my V chopsticks then haha