StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Ceiling height

• Ceiling height

Posted by rachelconnaughton6416 on February 7, 2019 at 8:36 pm

Hey guys,

I have had a break from pole for a good while but am really excited about getting back into it…

I have an X-pole which I had up in our last house – we have moved since then, and the ceilings are significantly lower in our new house: I reckon I could manage about a climb-and-a-half!

I’m not a hugely experienced poler but I can invert.

My question is: do you think the lower ceilings will be a big hindrance? Or is there still plenty I can achieve, just lower down?!

Keen to hear anyone’s experiences.

Thank you! X

amelia2000 replied 5 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • mystical

February 7, 2019 at 8:57 pm

Im sure you will do good, I cant invert or climb yet. My ceiling is low to 7ft 6inches, I do follow a lady on IG that has low ceiling to and she does great with climbing and inverting, I think she is around 5’7′ tall. check her out her name on IG is polebravely.

• rachelconnaughton6416

February 7, 2019 at 9:19 pm

Hey @mystical.

Thank you!

Lol I am a lot shorter than 5’7, so if you and polebravely can do funky stuff, am sure I can find a way.
    I suppose it’s also an opportunity to explore some floorwork and other stuff…

Thanks for the tip – I will check her out for sure 🙂

• mystical

February 7, 2019 at 9:44 pm

rachelconnaghton

Im short to lol..5’3..

• rachelconnaughton6416

February 7, 2019 at 9:59 pm

Yip… 5’2.5 😉
    Hurray for Pleasers, ha!

• Veena

Administrator
    February 8, 2019 at 3:03 am

I’ve had lower ceiling before and it’s doable and has led me to get creative with low pole moves and floor stuff!

• rachelconnaughton6416

February 8, 2019 at 8:39 am

Thanks @Veena!
    OK, think it’s time for me to get that pole up 💪🏼

• amelia2000

February 10, 2019 at 9:05 pm

I tried my pole in a space 2m (roughly 6 ft 8″ I reckon). Theoretically the height was ok, except that on one side the ceiling sloped down, so I hit my head a few times… and climbing from kneeling was hard, because the little screws on my Xpert scratched my feet… and on spinning it spun too fast for me hehe, plus as mine is a chrome pole, every inch counted (i.e. CKR into bow and arrow into handstand was impossible, even just CKR into a handstand was hard, because all of a sudden, I was too low for the hands).

We took it down and got an Xstage (we couldn’t find any joists when we knocked the ceiling- it’s a top floor flat, and the expert had been in a corner underneath a low beam- the rest of the flat, the ceilings are 2.6m). I love my XStage, and I love wearing heels (unfortunately, everytime my daughter is around when I put my heels on, she decides it’s time to come and catch the heels- little pole dancer in the making), which I couldn’t in the 2m space, because it was so short, I reached the top with my hand even without heels hehe

Depending how high your ceilings are you might need an extension- for my 2m ceiling, I needed a 75cm “extension”, because Xpole is usually meant for higher ceilings than mine lol