StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Canon Camera

• Webmaster

Administrator
    September 24, 2017 at 3:07 pm

Most pole dancers only need is a wide angle lens so that you can get sufficient view of the pole in a smaller space. The kit you describe fits that need just fine.

Are you getting a good deal on this camera? Do you want to play with some more advanced photography in addition to take video?

If your only goal is video and maybe some point and shoot photography you’ll be much happier putting your money towards a higher end phone with a good camera like a Galaxy S8 or iPhone 8. Higher end phones tend to have relatively wide angle lenses, take great video and have some great photo features these days as well as making sharing really easy because all your photos and video are right there ready to be uploaded from the very device you used to take them.

• LatinPoler

September 24, 2017 at 4:20 pm

I agree with Webmaster. Unless you are or want to become a video professional, I think smartphones or tablets are enough for everyday poling.

• Sandra Pole 1

September 24, 2017 at 6:08 pm

Hi Isabel,
    what is your camera ? 😉

• Webmaster

Administrator
    September 24, 2017 at 6:12 pm

If you already have a good phone but would like a wider angle consider something like this https://www.amazon.com/Xenvo-iPhone-Camera-Lens-Clip/dp/B01A6D2JVI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1506276628&sr=8-2&keywords=iphone+wide+angle+lens

AND don’t forget to turn your phone on its side when you record.

• LatinPoler

September 24, 2017 at 6:18 pm

I use my iPad, model Air 2 with 9.7-Inch Retina Display. It does not have a wide angle but enough for me, fortunately I have space. My Phone is and old Samsung Galaxy 6 and it has wider angle, but I prefer the larger format of the iPad, it is much more convenient for editing or simply playing. Besides, I can play the pole lessons on the same device and move it around very easily, from the mat to besides the pole, to further to film, etc.

Also, there are tons of apps for video editing, I like Splice. And sharing here, on IG or on Youtube is just a click, no need to transfer files between devices.

I think there’s something call fish eye that you can put in your phone camera to make the angle wider, but I have never used it.

• Sandra Pole 1

September 24, 2017 at 6:19 pm

All my videos actually on Veena are taken with a wide angle on my IPhone 5. The image it gives does’nt satisfy me,thatS why I want to change and hope to have a full screen instead of having two black stripes each side of the video.
    Accordingly with your answer, do you mean that with a IPhone 8 I would have a full screen ?

• Webmaster

Administrator
    September 24, 2017 at 6:25 pm

To get your videos to be full screen you simply need to turn your iPhone 5 on its side when recording. If it doesn’t provide a wide enough angle the add on wide angle lenses you can get on Amazon and elsewhere will often provide you the angle you need.

Now as for a new phone. The newer phones use a larger sensor with better lenses and do have a slightly wider viewing angle. Once again you can add an external clip on lens to get the viewing angle you are looking for.

• Sandra Pole 1

September 24, 2017 at 6:27 pm

Thank you 🙂

• Sandra Pole 1

September 29, 2017 at 3:50 pm

Hi Christopher,
    Thank you very much for the informations you gave me . It gave me the opportunity to analyse the different options this week … camera Canon or IPhone 8 ( wich could be probably my first choice with a wide angle
    lens ).
    I also experiment different aspect with my IPone 5 ,for sure I know I can change the side but I was not satisfy with result in the past …but, I’ve made some new test and see other possibilitys to place the Iphone and realise I can have good result …I’m in an exploration mood LOL and it was good for creativity …so….when I have all my new equipement you will be certainly the fist to see the result ;))))
    Thanks for your precious advices 😉