StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Body awareness/isolations

• Body awareness/isolations

Posted by Honey bun on November 1, 2017 at 12:33 am

Hi all 🙂 what are everyone’s thoughts on isolations for increasing body awareness. Do you include them in your training? Do you think they help?

Thoughts thoughts thoughts? I am trying to include every possible technique to improve my dancing!

Veena replied 6 years, 5 months ago 5 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • 33barbwire

November 3, 2017 at 6:46 pm

Honestly, what helps me with body awareness is finding new ways to move, and taking video. With video, I can review and realize I’m doing something weird with my hand, or I could angle my hips better, etc. There’s also an instagram called FindingYourFreestyle (or something like that) and they do challenges that restrict movement certain ways so you can explore something you might not usually do.

• PenelopeAnn

November 6, 2017 at 3:23 pm

Try a couple of bellydancing or hip hop classes – such a great way to learn to isolate! My studio offers both pole and bellydancing, and my students who do both find the dance/transition aspects of pole dancing come so much more naturally to them.

• LatinPoler

November 6, 2017 at 9:01 pm

I had taken Belly dance and Salsa classes before Pole and maybe because of that I have never struggled with body waves or hip isolations, or undulating moves in general. I agree that hip hop is great too, however, I think it is exactly the opposite, sharp moves vs. undulating moves. I tried hip hop a few times and I just could not do it, I always ended up doing salsa hips LoL Anyways, yes, all good suggestions.

• Veena

Administrator
    November 6, 2017 at 10:30 pm

Feel free to use what’s here in the lessons too. The flowmotion lessons and routine are great for body awareness. The flow program would be helpful as well.