StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Beginner?

• Beginner?

Posted by nourelkhamra4359 on September 13, 2019 at 9:43 pm

Hello,

I am completely new to pole. Its memorizing, and I can’t wait to be able to do some of the moves in the videos. I have been signed up on here for almost a month, but unfortunately only completed the beginner 1st lesson. I find my self discouraged because I am doing this at home, and alone. Did I mention I am new and suck ha… Is there a group of some sort or discussion for encouragement the first beginner 30 day jump start?

Sammy Sparkles replied 4 years, 6 months ago 6 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • nourelkhamra4359

September 13, 2019 at 9:44 pm

and now I don’t know how to edit my post.. mesmerizing*

• hookedonpole

September 15, 2019 at 6:49 am

I understand the difficulty of being a home poler. I don’t go to a studio as often as I like, so also pole at home. Hopefully, someone who is just starting will connect with you to follow and support each other. And you don’t suck 🙂 You are in the beginning of your own pole journey. If you haven’t heard already, the key is don’t compare yourself to others, even if they started around the same time as you. Everyone progresses differently for different reasons. Every time you practice, strength will come. There is great support here on SV, so posting videos to share you journey is helpful. I encourage you to follow Veena’s method of progression, it really helped me. No matter your level, we are all here to support each other. Welcome to SV and to pole!

• chuyehara

September 15, 2019 at 8:11 am

Pole is hard, but oh so worth the effort! I think everyone who has been doing it knows this, and that is why the community is so supportive. We’re all at different levels. You do you, and keep at it! Veena’s videos are awesome for all levels, beginner through advanced. She breaks things down so well, a sign of an awesome teacher. This site is also great for sharing your videos in a supportive climate. Best of luck!

• amelia2000

September 22, 2019 at 8:35 am

Some beginner moves are really daunting, so make sure you try a variety of moves (eg fireman and front/back hooks spins are easier than a chair spin because your legs are on the pole, focussing also on strength moves on and off the pole). I struggle with static spins even now although I’d say I’m intermediate.

Also if you have a pole which does spinning as well, you can carefully try that too with as little momentum as possible to start with, because that might be more your thing. But careful with momentum.

• blondebird

September 27, 2019 at 12:31 am

Hello I was a home poler and did it alone and learnt from youtube. Keep practicing you will get there.

• Sammy Sparkles

September 28, 2019 at 2:42 am

I think we all get discouraged and stuck here and there even if you are training at a studio. Some practice sessions I feel pathetic and terrible about my skills and other times I’m amazed at what I can do. Even if you have multiple crappy practices in a row, just keep at it. It will add up and pay off! Also I recommend recording your practice sessions. You will see how far you have come in your progress and I just find it really helps especially when I’m training alone at home. Also if you know someone artistic maybe show them your videos. It sounds strange but my husband is really good at art and photography and I ask his opinion on all my pole routines and videos. He has no dance knowledge whatsoever but he has a good artistic eye and has really helped me with my choreography by giving me constructive criticism.