StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Back after pole absence

• Back after pole absence

Posted by imgalvin6056 on October 25, 2022 at 1:13 pm

Good Morning
    I am back after 8 months of no pole . Had to take a break as work was crazy and also still dealing with the tragic loss of my husband 2 years ago

Now back and starting at beginner level 1 . Managed a lame looking pole hold yesterday. Jeepers upper body strength wanes fast ! . Doing pole , flexibility and posture exercises to get the old muscles going again !
    Not easy at 54 but I won’t get any younger if I wait !!

I need to keep it up as I got a quote yesterday for 1500 for seasonal snow clearance so instead I bought myself a snow blower . I live in the great lakes region of Ontario where winter is winter lol so that hard won pole upper body strength won’t go to waste !

imgalvin6056 replied 1 year, 5 months ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    October 26, 2022 at 4:11 pm

I’m happy to hear you’re ok! I missed ya.

I came back after a break myself and it’s so strange how the mind remembers but the body is like…nope, we can’t do that yet! The good news is once you’ve learned something before it comes back quicker!

There are things I miss about living in North Dakota during the winter…clearing snow isn’t one of them!

Are you still skiing?

• imgalvin6056

October 26, 2022 at 5:17 pm

Thanks so much Veena for the warm welcome back
    . I am glad to be back and more relaxed this time as the grief is less intense and life is more stable .
    Glad you got some rest too as pole is tough lol but teaching it is even tougher !
    I am weak as a shrimp physically but mentally stronger after being away . Haven’t skied in 2 years but going back this year to the Alps so I have some training lined up on more friendly terrain
    So happy to be poling again with new found patience and zen 🤗🤗

• Veena

Administrator
    October 26, 2022 at 5:19 pm

That’s wonderful to hear! Lots of new content to see here as well!

• hookedonpole

October 31, 2022 at 5:17 pm

Welcome back! So sorry for your loss. I started pole at almost 50, just turned 67. Age is just a number 🙂. You can do it, have fun with it. It’s a great workout, as I’m sure you know. ❤️

• imgalvin6056

November 1, 2022 at 2:38 am

Thank you so much 🙏. It’s so inspiring to meet those who started pole later in life . You are clearly loving it and rocking it !
    I didnt do any gymnastics or ballet as a kid ( Ireland 1970s – only thing kids did was go to mass and school ) so I find pole very tough but I like it a lot and refuse to quit lol
    Warm hugs and thanks again

• Amani

November 1, 2022 at 1:35 pm

Welcome back. I’m in the same boat. I have been trying to practice compassion and patience for myself and enjoy the process. It’s tough🤪 but worth it so let’s keep going!!!!!

• imgalvin6056

November 4, 2022 at 6:42 pm

Thanks for the welcome back . I am naturally an easily stressed person so patience with my body and self compassion are even harder than learning pole !
    I find Kelsey Hontz you tube videos very inspiring
    Although a lot lot younger than me , she won her pole achievements by sheer hard work and is brutally honest about how tough she finds it . She has really progressed to be a very inspiring dancer and athlete
    With her you tube videos , the supportive group on here and most importantly Veenas amazing guidance – we are on the vertical road to pole success !!!