StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Anterior shoulder pain after day 10 of the 30 day beginner’s program

• Anterior shoulder pain after day 10 of the 30 day beginner’s program

Posted by rbrooksslp2286 on January 23, 2021 at 1:09 am

Hi all! I’ve been experiencing some anterior shoulder pain since day 10 of the 30 day beginner’s program. I think it started during the side pole hold part. It’s gotten better with PRICE and taking a week off. I started some gentle ROM earlier this week. I’m wanting to get back on the pole more consistently again, but I start to experience that pain (now just a little twinge of discomfort) with regular pole holds. I may be a little too eager to jump back in, but I also don’t want to lose the conditioning I’ve built up! For now, I’m definitely not doing any pole climbing or more than 1-2 pole holds, but I am feeling a little antsy to start making progress again.

Does anyone have any insight/thoughts about next steps? Thanks!

Veena replied 3 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Veena

Administrator
    January 23, 2021 at 2:21 am

That’s no good. Let’s figure this out! Is this an old injury or acute pain you felt when doing side pole hold. By day 10 we haven’t done much.

Could it be a sore muscle? Or was it a sudden sharp pain felt when doing the side pole hold. We don’t use our anterior shoulder much in side hold. If anything it would only be a Synergists not a prim mover if you were trying the (invert grip) but that an advanced option. For side pole hold you should be using the muscles of the back and biceps.

The pole push, front raise, or possibly internal and external rotations, these would be the only moves that would really target the anterior shoulder that are in the program before day 10