StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions After 30 day take off

• After 30 day take off

Posted by Micheru on November 30, 2018 at 3:26 pm

Hello,

I’m learning pole at home and soon will be finishing up the 30 day take off (on day 27). Though I’m far from feeling comfortable in a lot things. I would like advice from other people on where to go from here.

My ideas:
    Start the the 30 day take off again at day 15
    Do the 30 days to flexy while adding in pole work
    30 days to flow – feel like I need more time on the individual moves before putting them together
    Putting together my own plan – not quite sure how to do this

Thanks in advance for any advice!
    Also thanks veena for putting the three take off together it made starting out easy to step into.

Micheru replied 5 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • nyxed

December 1, 2018 at 2:28 am

I did the 30 Day Take Off and my upper-body strength was still shit, but I started on the Nailed It: Invert program (on Veena’s advice) and just did what I could. I got to day 15 before a preexisting injury took me out. It was hard but I liked trying the new things. You could probably try it out and see what you can do–you don’t have to invert at all while doing it if you don’t want to, there are a ton of other spins and poses in there to try. The best advice is to choose whatever it is that fits your pole goals! And you can always ditch a program and start on another, nobody will know. 😉 I went to physical therapy for two months and now I’m back on the 30 Day Take Off, but when I finish it this time I’m going to start on 30 Days to Flexy since I’ve been doing things in studio classes that would really benefit from additional flexibility.

• Micheru

December 4, 2018 at 3:11 am

Thanks for the advice. I think I decided to give it a shot and try to make my own plan for my own goals.

• Veena

Administrator
    December 4, 2018 at 3:24 am

You can actually try the invert program too, you don’t need to be able to invert to start, its a great way to build strength and technique!

Making your own is a fun option too! Be sure to include rest days and balance out the muscle groups you’ll be using and don’t forget to add some leg work because pole can be very upper body focused but we need leg strength for pretty lines! 🙂

• nyxed

December 4, 2018 at 4:18 am

When I was in physical therapy I made my own plan to follow using moves that didn’t involve my hip (the problem). What I found helpful was to make a massive color-coded spreadsheet of all the things I know, arranged by body part and difficulty level. Then I could just copy and paste things from the spreadsheet into my plan. You could do a similar thing with notecards if you prefer low-tech. If you like I can share the spreadsheet with you!

• Micheru

December 4, 2018 at 12:45 pm

I would love to see the spreadsheet!

• Micheru

December 4, 2018 at 2:40 pm

Decided not to do the invert program yet as I want to spend time solidifying the basic moves and feeling comfortable with them and working on the beginner routine. And getting comfortable enough with too start the 30 days flow program as I want to focus more on the dance aspect and progress the tricks more slowly.

In January I may carpool with a friend to the studio that is an hour away for their beginner classes.

• Veena

Administrator
    December 4, 2018 at 4:25 pm

Sounds great!

If you find you want more, all of the programs focus on developing solid fundamental moves so in the invert program we do work a lot on perfecting basics!

• nyxed

December 6, 2018 at 3:13 am

You can see the spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1C43rmcaONcjI8KPdysqARzUFDkitcIbiwBM_RlS4fw8/edit?usp=sharing

It hasn’t been updated lately. Most of the stuff in there is from this site, because I use it as my primary resource, but there are notes for things from other places, “(yt)” for “youtube” for instance. The things highlighted in red on the main sheet were moves I couldn’t do because my hip was busted. I can do most of them again now 🙂

• Micheru

December 6, 2018 at 3:46 am

Thanks! I think I will do something similar with one note.