• pants

Posted by maney on August 22, 2009 at 8:22 pm

Ok…….. so I would like to post my vid but….
    thing is I hate my body or more to the point the way my body looks when I invert and my shirt goes up and we all see my rolls. my short shorts that work great with the pole still bother me when I do splits cause I can see a bit too much of self lol I hope someone reading this gets it. What to do ladies? I am am not ready for the hole small bottom top thing and not sure what will work other then that. Is there any one eals who shares this prob or have any clue what to do from here.

Trena replied 14 years, 11 months ago 10 Members · 18 Replies
  • 18 Replies
  • Mjohnson0911

August 22, 2009 at 9:06 pm

Just wear whatever you feel comfortable in. I mean pants are definately not the best to pole in but you gotta do what makes you happy. I am not the smallest girl and I don’t prefer to wear shorts however they have come to grow on me since I took up pole dancing. Some people might feel comfortable wearing only booty shorts and thongs but not me! Do whatever you need to keep on pole dancing! Its more important that you are confident! I hope this helps!
    Mindy

• amcut

August 22, 2009 at 10:31 pm

Mmph.

Well, thankfully, the pole dancing should help with your self image and esteem. You’ll probably feel comfortable in teensie outfits soon enough! The pole dancing advantage in tiny clothing is so sizable that you just prioritize.

Sure, fat looks particularly unappetizing upside down… (I happen to enjoy the shape of my gut when it’s right-side-up, but I’m really unfond it once it makes the turn), but I LOVE dancing, and if a bitty sports bra and a pair of drawwwwwz is going to make it easier, I’ll do it! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

ANYWAYS. I’m going to recommend a few episodes of how to look good naked, and hope it gets easier for you, girl. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

• maney

August 23, 2009 at 12:15 am

lol
    thank you

its funny in a way as i am sooooo big busted and nice legs

just two kids and cancer make suck a inpact on the way i see my belly and I know just get over it
    just nice to hear others might sort of feel or think same way

• SissyBuns

August 23, 2009 at 12:36 am

HI Maney,
    I have the same problem you do! Jamie (thats the name of my belly) looks ok when upright. But when I sit down it all rolls together so I’ve always avoided sitting when it’s showing LOL. Now that I’m poling I have noticed the rolls when I invert and I am not happy with the way it looks.
    What I have come to realize is…that’s me. It’s not flat, it’s not perfect, but that’s what I got and I gotta work with it.
    I’m really into fitness and I’m always reading all of the fitness magazines with the ladies with the six packs and what not and I used to hold myself to that standard. I used to think that until I had the flat tummy of pretty much every woman on TV, I was fat. Eventually I came to relaize that’s not the case. That’s not average. Rolls and cellulite and fat…that’s average. Inperfect bodies. That’s average.
    I know it’s hard (especially in pole when you watch video after video of model type women maneuvering a pole with such grace and sexy finesse) to look at our own selves and be satisfied. I think the problem is that women dont see enough women naked. All we see is what is shown to us (unless of course you’re gay lol) which is usually on television and in books and magazines. So we think that that is how it’s supposed to be but it’s not. Men see women naked and they know the truth. Thats why I can walk around with my belly out and my husband still wants me. He’s been with other women before LOL (lot”s actually) so he is not suprised by my rolls. It’s normal.
    I’ll finish my ramble by saying once you learn to accept what you have and be proud of what you have and what you can do, you’ll feel more comfortable about it. Wear what feels good for now. Eventually you’ll realize that you’re amazing and a large majority of those chicks with flat bellys cant do half of what you can do. You’ll wear that sports bra because your tank top gets in the way of your Gemini. Like Amcut said, priorities wil come into play and your pride of your ability will over ride your self doubts. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

• Trena

August 23, 2009 at 7:42 pm

SissyBuns I LOVE your reply! Infact I love all the replies!
    Maney you should wear whatever you want! Ive NEVER had a flat tummy, even before I had my son so yes it bothers me that I have belly rolls when I invert but you know what?? The only way for me to work on that is to dance and the only way for me to know if Im doing it properly is to post videos here. We dont judge anyone here! We’re all different shapes and sizes here so nobody has the right to judge! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

• witeroze

August 24, 2009 at 5:37 am

awww i loved SissyBun’s reply too!!!

"All we see is what is shown to us (unless of course you’re gay lol) which is usually on television and in books and magazines. So we think that that is how it’s supposed to be but it’s not. Men see women naked and they know the truth"
    >>>> THAT IS SOOO TRUE!!

• glitterhips

August 24, 2009 at 6:00 am

ooh i love this thread actually. i know its hard to expose yourself when you dont have a perfectly flat tummy and i went through the same issues but it really is easier if you expose more skin. no one here would dare judge you or say anything mean, we are all supportive of each other. and im not a small girl either, just check out my videos, my cellulite and antonio (my belly is named antonio! hahah) like to come out to say hello to all my video viewers https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif and if anyone does try to say anything rude veena will delete them. but just know you have other curvy girls here who have your back!

• witeroze

August 24, 2009 at 2:37 pm

PS- maney i just saw your display pic and your body looks quite fine to me. i think some of us women are just over-critical of ourselves

• SissyBuns

August 24, 2009 at 5:13 pm

Glitter tell Antonio that Jamie says "Hi". LOL https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

• simulpole

August 25, 2009 at 12:37 am

This should make you all laugh and feel a little better. I have a small pooch of a belly and I frequently complain about it. My husband came back at me one afternoon, "If you have a pooch then I have a dog pound!" https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_lol.gif

• yogabeachbabe

August 25, 2009 at 1:11 am

Simulpole: Your husband is hilarious!
    By the way, ladies, have you seen the picture in Glamour magazine that’s making all these headlines? There’s this beautiful woman sitting in a chair mostly naked (nothing showing, of course) but in a g-string and her sweet belly rolls hanging out? IT’S AMAZING! Turns out that she is this 20 year old plus size model (who is, like, size 12, and that is BELOW the average size of American women), and she’s totally unselfconscious about everything. It’s really an awesome photo.

• witeroze

August 25, 2009 at 1:38 am

yogabeach do you have a link to the pic?

• yogabeachbabe

August 25, 2009 at 1:58 am
  • simulpole

August 25, 2009 at 2:24 am

She’s beautiful!

• loopielou

August 25, 2009 at 8:09 am

I can’t see the picture, but how is a size 12 plus sized??? https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_surprised.gif

About your shorts, I combatted that by getting some really tight shorts to go under my proper shorts – I’ve had many a girl show me what she has had for her dinner in classes and really didn’t want to do the same so I found that short tight shorts under my normal ones has solved any worries I had about showing off more than I wanted to.

And don’t worry about what you look like hun! You’re profile picture looks great – even though you might not want to believe it yet. And the more you pole, the better it becomes – I used to have quite a flat tummy in my late teens, early twenties, but as I’ve got older it has got bigger (along with the rest of me lol) but I have noticed a change since I started poling a year ago. The change has been really gradual, but it is getting better and I am much happier with my body now than I was this time last year.

Page 1 of 2