StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions feeling blue…

• feeling blue…

Posted by MadisonsWorld on September 27, 2012 at 4:14 pm

First off, I suffer from depression,mood swings,anxiety…and the past week is so,I can feel myself slowly slipping into a sad state…I saw my Dr last week for my meds and told him I want to start therPy,but the first available is in another 3 week’s…I can’t really put my finger on things..I am just feeling need for things I used to crave,like pain…I don’t want to tell my hubby cause he has enough on his plate with work ….I guess maybe I just need to vent..

MadisonsWorld replied 11 years, 7 months ago 11 Members · 27 Replies
  • 27 Replies
  • Danielle Tillie

September 27, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Just popping in to say, I hear ya. I struggle with depression and I’ve been trying to stay unmedicated. It’s difficult as you well know. For me the days getting colder and shorter are really affecting me. Try to keep your head up and focus on positives, and life’s simple pleasures. I know it’s easier said than done. Sometimes I just listen to Bob Marley tell me “don’t worry about a thing, cuz every little thing is gonna be alright”.

• portableninja

September 27, 2012 at 4:35 pm

The important thing is that you recognize this is happening to yourself. Too often with depression, it's easy to sink into a hole where you feel helpless, and that makes it so hard to get through it. The best thing I can recommend is to keep talking about it. Either keep a journal, or talk to someone else besides your husband. If you focus on the facts of your depression (how you feel each day, and what you achieved that day, no matter how small) then it can help you recognize patterns in your behavior. Doing this helped me get "out of my head" and into seeing depression as a temporary condition, not a sign of lifelong failure.

• Lyme Lyte

September 27, 2012 at 4:38 pm

This is a great place to vent and get support.  I've dealt with deperesssion in the past, but worked through it, but it took years, so I know how your feeling.  I however am feeling blue this week as well due to illness, which is making me sad.  So hugs to you my fellow poler friend.  Take it easy this weekend and try to do something special just for you.  A bath, some soft music, pole, or something you like.   🙂

• MadisonsWorld

September 27, 2012 at 4:40 pm

It may be the cooler weather and shorter days….I haven’t been getting out at all lately,maybe that’s part of it as well..I used to Gi to aerobics class,but both my favorite instructors are back to work…I do like on of the ones that replaced on,but she is there only 2 days a week…and I loved going atleast 4 times…the other instructor just isn’t my speed and motivational enoigh.

• Lyme Lyte

September 27, 2012 at 4:46 pm

I agree with the weather, cooler days and shorter.  I was running a few times a week but no motivation to do that, pole, or ANYTHING!  I think it would help if I try to get outside at least.  What you doing tomorrow?  Maybe we need to promise each other to get out for a little walk at least.

• MadisonsWorld

September 27, 2012 at 4:56 pm

I am going to go to my aerobics class,even tho I don’t care for the teacher…I need something..I got my pole up two days ago and barely touched it..I m sure seeing how much I have digressed at it didn’t help…. I am wanting a tattoo this weekend,but have to get it drawn up first…which sucks because I feel the need for pain and was wanting thT to satisfy it…

• MadisonsWorld

September 27, 2012 at 4:57 pm

It’s been yrs since I have seeked pain…

• MadisonsWorld

September 27, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Altho I have to say, ii have been on a cleaning hiatus which usually when I get in a dunk its the opposite…so its almost a manic state….I just don’t want to leave the house

• MadisonsWorld

September 27, 2012 at 5:06 pm

I know some will not understand the pain thing…it is hard to explain or understNd myself sometimes..

• Sassypants

September 27, 2012 at 5:23 pm

I don't think I understand the pain thing, but I support that you're looking for constructive ways to attain it rather than just hurting yourself. You will get through this temporary depression, even if "temporary" means a few weeks or months… its all temporary in the scheme of things. 

Chin up, lady. There are so many of us here in the same boat, but we have to stay positive. 

• Lyme Lyte

September 27, 2012 at 5:30 pm

I never had the urge to hurt myself, but I can understand the reasoning behind it.  Maybe you can try to get on your pole tomorrow?

• OzarkSiren

September 27, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Depression can increase when Season's change. Fall is here.  Exercise daily, watching sugar intake, eliminating alcohol, and drugs, sitting in the sun for 20 minutes a day can help. It seems to help me.  Fish oil and D3 can help. I do what I can to keep mine away. I try not to dwell on sad things like my parents being gone, family 3000 miles away, try to replace negative talk with positive.

Something else you might want to try. On the pads of both thumbs look at where your fingerprints swirl into a center spot. Press or massage those points on both thumbs. Use your oppostie thumb. Do this several times a day. That is your Pituitary Reflex Point. You pituitary is your master gland of all glands.  It can maybe balance your glands. Reflexology and Accupressure can help. Give it a try.

Hugs to all

• MadisonsWorld

September 27, 2012 at 5:54 pm

I know some will not understand the pain thing…it is hard to explain or understNd myself sometimes..

• OzarkSiren

September 27, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Madison, The pain thing can come in many forms. Cutting, tattoos, cutting or changing hair, overspending, drugs, alcohol and harmful behaviors. Let us know how we can help. XXOO

• MadisonsWorld

September 27, 2012 at 6:15 pm

I am vulnerable to all those…..I have cut in the past,I have tattoos, I have a history of cutting and changing hair color all the time, yes I drink ocassionaly,but not to where I am out of control..I don’t do drugs,just what isprescribed….I need a night out of the house to just let loose and all inhibitions loose and b carefree for thenight…of course hubby would occopny me…

Page 1 of 2