StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Xpole a frame review please

• Xpole a frame review please

Posted by Ariabella on January 7, 2016 at 4:18 pm

Question for those of you with an xpole a frame. How stable is it? Can one person put up and take down? Thanks.

poleisnewtome replied 8 years, 4 months ago 6 Members · 17 Replies
  • 17 Replies
  • SweetLavender

January 7, 2016 at 4:36 pm

If you mean the vaulted ceiling mount, I need someone to help me as mine is 11 feet. Once I get it up it is very stable.

• Ariabella

January 7, 2016 at 5:22 pm

I am asking for a review of the aframe for silks, hammocks, etc. thanks

• cazacat

January 8, 2016 at 7:20 am

I love my A frame and it’s easy enough for one person to put up and take down!The only down fall is its not quite strong enough for drops on your silk or lyra but it’s great for practicing your moves and learning on and I find it to be extremely stable even at full extention. Hope this helps 🙂

• I polekat I

January 8, 2016 at 12:07 pm

that is good to hear cazacat ! i have just bought one!!!!! it arrived yesterday and i am going to hopefully set up tonight after work eeeeee so excited =)

there is not much technical info on the Xpole website for it… but i emailed them to check saftey ratio etc. and got this response :
    The working load of an A frame is 750kg according to the 10:1 circus ratio as when tested one leg started to buckle when 750kg was dropped.
    When used outdoors, the use of the sand bags which weigh 10kg each pinned to each leg worked perfectly without movement, however no wind speed was recorded so no concrete figures have been produced.

there are a number of portable rigs on the market, the stand-out two seem to be Trevor (trapezerigging.com) and Ludwig (damnhot.com). I looked at both of these in detail, and while they are definitely bigger and sturdier, they are a lot more expensive and look like they would be more difficult to transport and put up with one person. I heard a few people on facebook say they thought the A Frame was way too small and they kept bumping their legs, but i have looked at lots of pictures and found a few videos and i think it will be OK for my needs. I will mostly use it for lyra so drops on the silks not such an issue for me. I wanted a lightweight very portable frame I could fit in my car to take to the park and festivals etc and I needed to be able to set it up myself. If you do want something more heavy duty both other rigs i mentioned above come with really good customer reviews but both are US based (ludwig doesnt even ship outside US / canada) so when i factored in shipping for Trevors rig i was looking at around £1500 in GBP, and probably a few weeks waiting. Probably a good investment and well worth the money, however the A-Frame cost £420 delivered in the UK, i ordered monday and received it thurs …..

i will let u know my thoughts when i have it set up =D

let me know if you want me to link the vidoes i found, i couldn’t find too many but did track down a few, including one of spinny hoop!! (and Veena also has one on here)

• Ariabella

January 8, 2016 at 11:58 pm

Thanks for the replies! I look forward to seeing your review on your new xpole a frame! Please pass along the video links. Thanks!😀

• Veena

Administrator
    January 9, 2016 at 12:47 am

The A Frame is fun! It’s a bit of a challenge to put up on your own but doable. It’s not super tall and yes as you can see my legs hit the sides. I’m just under 5′ 8″. For the price, I think it’s a fun thing to have if you want to play with hammock or Lyra outside. Only issue with outdoor use is that you can’t leave it up! I would not suggest it for an advanced aerialist who would be doing drops or moves that require tons of spinning and big movements. It’s great fun for home practice.

Here are my video using it
    https://www.studioveena.com/videos/view/534c5491-4778-44bc-b443-614e0a9aa0eb

• I polekat I

January 9, 2016 at 5:11 pm

I finally managed to wrestle my a frame up today haha! It’s actually a lot bigger than I was expecting, I had thought it might fit neatly into my pole space but as you can see from my pictures I ended up having to flip my mattress to get it to a usable height. The problems with preferring a double tab haha !
    It was a fair mission to put it up by myself but wasnt helped by small area so I think it would be easier to set up outside or a bigger space ha. It technically is very straightforward to assemble, but god damn those legs are fiddly to extend haha.. I didn’t actually get an instruction manual in mine but luckily they had emailed me one previously but It’s not very detailed and I was confused a bit by the legs (three poles inside one another) and not sure whether to move certain bits up or down but figured it out in the end (I hope) but I seem to have a problem with the middle of the three tubes getting stuck inside the widest one so can’t line all 3 of the holes up.. but it did help a bit when I spotted the marker guidelines on the inside of the tubes but still when it gets stuck too far up inside I had to take the leg off and poke it back down with a long handle …. have either of u guys had that sort of problem do you know what I mean? Im not sure if thats common and its just me and I’ll get the knack eventually… definitely worked up a sweat haha it was a good warm up 😉 but yeah I think it has a lot of potential I do like it I think it will be easier putting it up next time now I know how and with more space =] and on the plus side it took about 5 mins to dissemble! !

• I polekat I

January 9, 2016 at 5:15 pm
  • Veena

Administrator
    January 9, 2016 at 5:50 pm

When they sent it to me there were no instructions! Lol

• I polekat I

January 9, 2016 at 9:49 pm

yeah ive emailed them to ask… looking at it now it doesnt seem quite right somehow not sure i put it up right… and i totally forgot the brace straps cos it didnt mention them in the manual dohh!!

here is the video of the girl doing spinny hoop on it. so a good bit of wobble but holds steady =)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUQUnj5AIjs

• I polekat I

January 11, 2016 at 3:27 pm

yes turns out i didnt extend the legs quite right!! so no wonder i had so much trouble putting it up, had an email reply today from Xpole and the correct way sounds much simpler!
    “The middle leg only has one adjustment hole at the top and bottom so these need to be locked into the top and bottom leg, then you have varying degrees of adjustment from the top and bottom legs as they have multiple holes, this will reinforce the legs and make the frame a lot more sturdy!”
    Lining up 3 holes was a mission!! 2 will be easy peasy 😉
    Fair play, x pole customer service is top notch, really helpful and fast responses =)

• poleisnewtome

January 11, 2016 at 8:06 pm

May I ask why it can’t be left out outside (provided it isn’t raining)? What is it made of?

• I polekat I

January 13, 2016 at 9:37 am

hmm it feels pretty lightweight so i would guess aluminium rather than steel…? but that is just a guess, if so i don’t think it would rust or corrode… but if there was any chance I would be wary of that happening on the legs as it might affect the sliding mechanism for changing the height.
    But having said that I am in UK and we have a really wet climate, i’m not sure how it would work if you live somewhere with a lot of warm dry weather ?

• I polekat I

January 13, 2016 at 10:11 am

response from X pole : The A frames are made of Aluminium, however the top bar is steel so this is the only part that has the ability to rust – So we wouldn’t recommend leaving It outdoors for long periods of time if you can avoid it! Keeping the A frame in a dry warm environment would definitely be best, but they work well everywhere.

• Veena

Administrator
    January 13, 2016 at 5:15 pm

I was told by xpole that it’s not meant to be left outside. You’d have to ask them what it’s made of. I know the chromed parts would not like the moister.

Page 1 of 2