StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions X-Pole Presents: Michigan Dance & Air Festival 3/22-24 2013

• X-Pole Presents: Michigan Dance & Air Festival 3/22-24 2013

Posted by Charley on October 23, 2012 at 8:56 pm

I hope I am not making a duplicate post but I wanted to share some information about the second Michigan March Festival!  If anyone NEEDS anything contact getpolefit@gmail.com

We have on deck Aerial Amy, David Owen, Michelle Mynx, Nadia Sharif, Mattcrobat AND Shadow!  

Learn Aerial arts, pole workshops and introcuding the mini aerial cube!!!!!

We are currently looking for vendors and sponsors you can visit our website @ http://www.mipolefestival.yolasite.com

Performer registration is tentatively planned to put for sale on 1/19/13.

Additionally I am planning Charley's Pole Challenge –  a charity relay race with poles of teams of 4 – with some proceeds benefiting the March of Dimes

Check out Charley's Pole challenge:

Create your own allstar team of 4 and join us for an exciting relay race.

How it works:

Teams of 4 will be given a series of moves to do. Each team member will perform 1 pole move, 1 floor sequence to the other pole, 1 more more pole move, put on a pair of ankle strap high heels, carry an egg on a spoon across the room to the next team member.

Scoring:
    Teams will be scored on fluidity, flow, costume & technique for 50% of their score
    SPEED accounts to the other 50% of the score!

The fastest, fluid team WINS! Each team will be performing ALL of the same choreography. All choreography is at a beginner level. 

Requirements:

4 team members – boys or girls or mixed
    TEAM NAME
    Team Registration.

More info coming soon!

LovesIt replied 11 years, 2 months ago 17 Members · 46 Replies
  • 46 Replies
  • RikkiL

October 24, 2012 at 8:44 am

Am I reading right that tickets for the whole weekend are only $50?  Or is that the performer registration price?

• chemgoddess1

October 24, 2012 at 9:22 am

The way I read it on FB, it is $35 for performers for the weekend, $35 per day or $50 for the weekend for non-performers.

"Announcing Prices! Performer Reg – $35 (includes weekend pass), $35/day OR $50 for the entire weekend!"

• Charley

October 24, 2012 at 11:28 am

Yes, the weekend pass is $50.  Daily passes are $35 per day.

I am working hard to make this a fun and affordable event for everyone.  I've tried to take into account my cost and also guest cost of hotel, travel, etc.  I'm about to release workshop prices too.

For workshops we are looking at $50 – 55/ workshop to give you an idea so you can budget.

• Charley

October 24, 2012 at 11:29 am

Performer registration is $35 and includes a weekend pass for all performers.

• chemgoddess1

October 24, 2012 at 11:37 am

All I wanna know is what hotel we are taking over and can we reserve an entire floor?  Can you imagine the antics if we were all in the same place on the same floor?

• RikkiL

October 24, 2012 at 11:41 am

Thanks Charley! I’m trying to get a large group from my studio to go and the low costs will certainly help make that happen. 🙂

• Charley

October 24, 2012 at 11:42 am

I will check around and see if I can reserve a block of rooms somewhere but honestly it's likely that the C0bus crew or the Veena crew has already stayed there and violated the place – hahah!  We'll see what I can do!

• Veena

Administrator
    October 24, 2012 at 11:50 am

Lol staying in one place would be a blast….as long as its NOT where we stayed last year! 2 words, bed bugs! Or is it 1 word? Lol

• Charley

November 1, 2012 at 8:08 pm

Announcing the addition of the Motor City Pole Dance Championship!  This competition will be FRIDAY night, more details on submission coming soon.

Additionally – Saturday Showcases are OPEN to EVERYONE, first come, first serve – no auditions, submissions or anything!  We have approx 40 spots.

The Friday night compeition is a perfect way to honor the competitive side of our industry.  For those interested this is santioned by Midwest Pole Dancing and promises to be a fun, exciting and loving environment for you to get your competition legs.  Those NOT interested in competing just sign up for Saturday!

I thought this was an excellent way to provide different types of performance opportunities while creating more spots for everyone!

• Lyme Lyte

November 1, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Oh, cant wait!

• Charley

November 1, 2012 at 10:05 pm

LOL!  I kinda can't but I kinda can wait!  LOL!  I super hope Veena makes it!!!!!

• PlatinumAni

November 1, 2012 at 11:00 pm

Hmmm maybe I can make the trip for my birthday present (3/18). Sounds like a blast!

• chemgoddess1

November 2, 2012 at 6:25 am

Seriously, you all need to make this.  There have been discussions of games that will be played and that alone is worth spending a winter weekend in Detroit!

• minicoopergrl

November 2, 2012 at 9:00 am

I really want to go to this!  Any excuse to travel I am down for!!!  Perform, compete, teach workshops, merch bitch – Ill do just about anything! Or, I can just show up as well. 

• dustbunny

November 2, 2012 at 11:57 am

Oh PA you have to come!  I would love to meet with you in person after the fun we've had skyping.  I swear I am going to this, even if I have to drive down from the Toronto area alone! 

Although I really don't want to drive all that way alone…hint, hint…any other Ontarians going?

Page 1 of 4