StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions What are your pole goals for 2014?

• What are your pole goals for 2014?

Posted by Beckypolegirl on December 26, 2013 at 8:25 am

Each year I like to chose a few moves that I would like to achieve by the end of the year. I have started to think about my ones for 2014 and just wondered what other people’s goals are for next year?

SexyRockStarsWifeNowWidow replied 10 years, 3 months ago 58 Members · 66 Replies
  • 66 Replies
  • CapFeb

December 26, 2013 at 9:06 am

My “I’m getting this no matter what” goal is the handstand press. I can balance pretty well on my hands in the initial movement, but my quads are so tight that I can’t press up to get my feet past my hands. I can do the deadlift handstand part from a straddle stand as well. It’s really just the motion of getting my feet past my hands and getting my quads loose. So a lot of stretching!

Ayesha. Is always my goal. Stupid move is stupid.

I want to do everything on my left side as well as my right side. Since I’ve been on a 6 month pole hiatus, ontop of learning almost nothing new this year, I lost a lot of strength. I’m restarting with Veena’s lessons and a few other free alternatives around the internet. And I’m going to keep at it 🙂 If I can start over Christmas, there’s no excuse to NOT do it at any other time.

• Beckypolegirl

December 26, 2013 at 9:26 am

Nice goals 🙂 I definitely want my elbow grip aysha (been my nemesis for a couple of months now), Janeiro (did get it the other day but didn’t hold it for long at all lol) and my iron x (probably aiming a bit high but we have to dream lol )

• Beckypolegirl

December 26, 2013 at 9:31 am

Oh and my deathlay 🙂

• nymphdancer

December 26, 2013 at 10:07 am

I actually have no special move related goals. My goal is to just improve overall. smoother, stronger, better. More flow. More connected dance. More flexi.

Oh and to hit all 4 of Alethea’s 2014 pole camps. I already did both of the 2013 ones, and performed in the first ever Showcase.

• blondebird

December 26, 2013 at 10:12 am

Probably Fonji return (flag to tue grip handspring).

• Saphyre

December 26, 2013 at 12:02 pm

I really like nymphdancer’s goal. Sure, there are a few things I would like to have (deadlift Shoulder Mount), but I just hope to continue poling as long as my body will let me!

• Palace

December 26, 2013 at 1:50 pm

I want to always have pointed toes, beautiful lines and better flow. I want to learn how to have my hands look completely a part of the move and an extension of appropriate beautiful flowing arms. As far as tricks, I want to learn cupid, gemini/scorpio no hand switch, extended butterfly and superman spin. My lofty goals are shoulder mount, elbow stand deadlift and free standing handstand by the end of the year.

• Palace

December 26, 2013 at 1:51 pm

Oh yeah, and those darn splits.

• Lyme Lyte

December 26, 2013 at 2:05 pm

Splits…and a backbend like Saphyre!

• IrishOrla

December 26, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Splits!!
    Cleaner invert and air invert
    Learn how to do floor work (I’m ridiculous lol)
    Enter my first competition. 🙂

And keep going as I am. Enjoying every minute if pole 🙂

• SToast

December 26, 2013 at 3:25 pm

Shoulder mount
    Splits
    and just continuing to learn more and get better and stronger

• Krissykiki

December 26, 2013 at 4:48 pm

I want to get my superman, my shouldermount, middle splits, ayesha and my aerial invert 🙂

• bexboo

December 26, 2013 at 6:17 pm

i really want to get some serious back flexy for 2014 so the cocoon ,standing scorpion and ultimately the rainbow Marchenko is the ultimate goal, maybe that one is a lil ambitious as im nowhere near!! but overall if i get more flexible and flowy in the following year on the pole i will be happy 😉

• Skullpixie

December 26, 2013 at 8:05 pm

I would love to learn more floor work even go to a floor work workshop if any one knows any happening in Ireland this year please leat me know. freestyle more, splits, Ayesha, brass monkey, jade. And end up with a smoother superman I always get stuck on the flip over lol

• eatvegancookies

December 26, 2013 at 9:12 pm

Make progress on flexy. (Lots of progress!) Get superman, and get stronger in moves I have. Save up for some pole clothes to feel great in – something sparkly perhaps! Oh, and start videotaping (more a tech challenge than anything else @ this point)!

Page 1 of 5