StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions UK Northern polers, meet / jam?

• UK Northern polers, meet / jam?

Posted by ShonaLancs on September 15, 2012 at 5:01 pm

So….I have noticed that there a few people on SV who are from the North of the UK. Anyone interested in a meet or a jam? Is anyone prepared to offer their pole space for a jam? (I cant as my pole space isnt big enough for me let alone anyone else!)

Just an idea 🙂

ShonaLancs replied 11 years, 4 months ago 17 Members · 83 Replies
  • 83 Replies
  • Debss

September 15, 2012 at 5:52 pm

What a great idea! I'd love to meet some fellow Veeners! I'm living in Brum but my parents live in Leeds so it'd be no problem to head north for a pole jam 🙂
    Depending how many are interested could always split the cost of hiring a studio for the day/afternoon?

• ShonaLancs

September 15, 2012 at 6:51 pm

Open to any UK polers by the way not just Northerners 🙂

• nichtooks

September 17, 2012 at 2:42 am

I live in Germany, but would still class myself as a northerner 🙂 
    I'd totally be up for this if it were arranged for November time. I'm back in the UK then around rememberance and would love to jam. I could enquire at the studio I used to attend in Hull to see if we could rent that out if needs be.

• LizziePole

September 17, 2012 at 5:41 am

Ooooo I’d be up for it too! Hehe! Where would we do it tho? Do u think anyone’s studio would let them? I can ask mine but I don’t think the hire them out etc coz it’s only open on pole nights! 🙁

• LizziePole

September 17, 2012 at 5:44 am

Also u can search for people
    On here can’t u so we could type different cities north and message them if we need to make up numbers! It would be great to get tips, ideas, no matter what level we all are! I had a pole jam yesterday and was fun experimenting double moves eg double cross ankle etc. also I would love someone to help me more on spin, we don’t do it in the studio so I only try it at home and I’m
    Rubbish haha! 🙂

• KerryGotPole

September 17, 2012 at 5:48 am

I’m in north Yorkshire (catterick garrison) and would totally be up for a pole jam! It’s a brilliant idea 🙂

• KerryGotPole

September 17, 2012 at 5:48 am

I’m in north Yorkshire (catterick garrison) and would totally be up for a pole jam! It’s a brilliant idea 🙂

• ShonaLancs

September 17, 2012 at 7:02 am

Well if everyone asks their own studio and we can go from there yeah? I’m thinking there might be an issue with insurance but that could be resolved with the instructor being there perhaps? X

• jeansgina

September 17, 2012 at 1:15 pm

I live in Manchester and have a very small room with a pole in, its not ideal but is be happy to jam with someone

• Hazelnut

September 18, 2012 at 3:36 am

this is an AWESOME idea!!!!!!!!

I'm in Leeds and so heading to Manchester/Hull would be easy for me. I will ask at my old studio here – they have 4 poles which are pretty high but they're all static. I have two Xperts (chrome 50 and brass 45) so an alternative is finding a separate, new space…. I'd be happy to bring them both along 🙂

November would be great!

• BeckyBlush

September 18, 2012 at 5:00 am

Hi lovelies I own a pole school in manchester and our biggest studio has 10 poles, mix of 45 mm 40mm and 50mm spinnies and statics. It is in fallowfield M14 6HE (lots of free parking). If you guys want to sort a jam/meet I would love to host it at our studio and def know myself and others would come so now worries with insurance etc.  let me know what you guys think xx

• nichtooks

September 18, 2012 at 5:14 am

That sounds brill Becky! I'd be up for travelling to Manchester. If people are having to travel a distance how does staying in a b&b overnight sound and having a couple of bevvies in manc on the evening too?

• jeansgina

September 18, 2012 at 5:28 am

That sounds brilliant. Weekends are usually quite bad for me but I could make an allowance for a pole jam.

• Hazelnut

September 18, 2012 at 5:41 am

that sounds like the best idea yet becky! it'd be great if we could use your studio. Any weekend in November works for me 🙂

• Debss

September 18, 2012 at 5:43 am

Wow Becky that'd be awesome! I just googled your studio – love the trailer on the homepage 🙂

nichtooks, I'd be travelling to Manchester too so would have to stay somewhere if I have to get the train (boyfriend doesn't like me using his car! the big meany!) I would definitely be up for a couple of bevvies in the evening

Page 1 of 6