StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Tattoos inspired by poling?

• I polekat I

September 6, 2014 at 1:17 pm

wowwzaaa!!! that is cool. i LOVE those watercolour looking tattoos they are incredible =)

• majikmyke

September 7, 2014 at 5:07 am

Club Dynasty (CD) you have posed a most intriguing question about tattoo’s and poling. I have been poling for almost two years with a short five month lapse when I had spinal surgery (not related to pole dancing or fitness training). CD, the tat on your back is incredibly beautiful. What interests me about the question is my background and age. I’m not young, but really love to pole. The short answer to your question is, yes! After a few months of poling I began thinking about a tat? My first instructor had a beautiful tat with stars that cascaded from her shoulder down her back.

A little personal background will help you understand the transition in my thinking. As a young man in the military in the late 1960’s we got paid once a month. We went out got drunk, did stupid guy shit, and around 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning wound up in a tattoo parlor. A lot of guys got tat’s. I never did and frankly wasn’t interested. There was a lot of peer pressure. Once the hangovers wore off most of the guys thought their tattoo looked like crap. They were not happy with them. However, the next month when we all got paid, we went out got drunk – well, you get it, repeat above process!

Placement of the tattoo’s and quality were severely lacking in my time. As such there was no desire on my part. Through my working career it never entered my mind. Tattooing seemed to actually drop out of favor for a number of years. Then in the late 1990’s and early 2000 seemed to start a revival where you saw more women with good quality small tattoo’s on the arm, shoulder, lower leg, or ankle.

The concept of tattooing has transitioned from being an individual male macho thing to group identification, memorial to someone of remembrance, to the outright creative artistic concepts of the wearer. The quality of the tattoo artists themselves has improved vastly when you see some of their work and the depth of color and vividness it shows.

To this writer there is still a vast difference between what you see in tat’s on guys versus tat’s on the ladies. In general, from my observations, guys seem to do a cluster of tattoo’s on the arms, and/or neck are to show. Often, whatever has been tattooed is jumbled together and poorly recognizable. Ladies on the other hand seem to treat tattooing as if decorating a room. They tend to put a tat where they want it to show when they want it to show. They don’t generally clutter. Their tat’s are well thought out drawing the viewers eye to the tattoo and it’s significance, creativity, and coloring. The tattoo often has meaning to them.

The beautiful long tattoo’s of CD, MeganJoan, Lula Geddes, PoleKat, and tacha666 would all display well when pole dancing. The danger of having a beautiful tattoo is the desire for another. I think that if you have a large creative tattoo you must be very careful not to do another tat that draws the viewers eye away from a creative piece of body art. It sort of goes back to the minimalist thinking about how to decorate a room.

I have given serious thought to a tattoo; maybe a snake on a vine from my shoulder winding down the back. MeganJoan’s thigh tat gave me a new idea about location.

You asked a very interesting question, Club Dynasty. I think you ladies are incredibly creative. And, look, you can teach an old dog new tricks. Thank you for letting me reply to your interesting question.

• Club Dynasty

September 9, 2014 at 5:02 pm

@MajikMyke–such an eloquent comment! The background you shared was fascinating, as well as how your thinking about getting a tat of your own has changed. I do find that females tend to spend time in contemplation re: their tats, and attribute a special or symbolic meaning to them. This always makes for an intriguing conversations.

Looking at the tats posted here, as well as the tats-to-be that have been discussed, including yours, I wonder if there is a correlation between pole dancers and the size of the tattoos. It seems like we don’t just want tattoos, we want TATTOOS. These pieces cover large areas of space and are show pieces; is their largess reflective of our passion for pole and/or our passion for our pole selves? Hmm…

• majikmyke

September 15, 2014 at 5:14 am

Club Dynasty thank you for the compliment. You pose interesting questions which have given me thought over the last several days. Sitting down for coffee and conversation with you could potentially take a long time.

Speaking only of the tats shown here; my opinion would be that an individual who “plans” and “executes” on a large tattoo is very confident and comfortable with themselves. This type of tat is a long term project in which the owner has a defined visual clarity as to the end result.

In broad terms, these ladies know who they are, and are not trying to be someone they are not. They have a multifaceted awareness of self that is anchored in reality. Creativity, aesthetic art, artistic flair, personal growth, seeing and understanding different view points of others, and having little time for contumelious negative people would be a fair general description.

Your question is challenging if seeking only a single answer. My opinion would be that the true answer contains elements of both questions you posed. Your tat to me is reflective of beauty and reminds me of a Chinese scroll. The art is narrow and vertical telling a story. It has symbolic meaning. Polekats tat is contemporary to me. The multiple overlapping colors are impressive especially the art work over her spine. I would imagine this shows beautifully when she is poling with her muscles engaged.

More later. I enjoy your questions.

• Prplegrl10

September 19, 2014 at 7:27 am

This pic was taken after my second 3 hour session (sorry I don’t have a healed pic available right now). It is my 3rd piece and by far the largest. I have a really high pain tolerance and was not bothered by the ribs at all. My artist told me that he thinks that most women tend to take the pain better than some men which made me smile because I think we can be badass! The meaning behind my design is very emotional to me but I really like the fact that most people just think it is a nice design and I don’t have to explain if I don’t want to. The 2 open flowers represent my 2 sons, the closed flower and cherry blossoms in the middle represent a baby that I lost. Having it by my heart was very important to me.

• majikmyke

September 19, 2014 at 4:03 pm

Prplegrl 10 that is indeed a gorgeous tattoo. The artist has done a wonderful job. Love the clarity and depth of the flowers. I can understand the meaning of your creation. Beauty and sadness at the same time.

• Danielle Tillie

September 21, 2014 at 3:05 am

It’s pretty obvious that this tattoo was inspired by pole… Turns out my tattoo artist is really very good at photo realism!

• Poledancefan

September 23, 2014 at 9:07 am

Danielle’s pole dancer tattoo is my favorite of all time and I have to admit I was trying to hide the fact I was sneaking a peek when she workshopped in Wisconsin a while back at my home studio. It does indeed look almost like a photograph airbrushed onto the skin. It’s very beautiful!

Poledancefan is Joel Lessing

• Prplegrl10

September 23, 2014 at 9:11 am

Danielle, that tattoo is amazing! and you bum is also looking hot in those shorts 😉

• Stefana of Light

September 23, 2014 at 9:21 am

Wow love these!! Polekat…. ok absolutely love the life flower!!!!

• BonnieAndClyde

September 23, 2014 at 12:27 pm

Beautiful work on all of you. I would love to get another tat but hubby not so fond of them. i could talk him into one and that may happen at some point in the near future!!

• I polekat I

September 24, 2014 at 12:04 pm

Thanks shoog! ! =] aah love all these polers with ink. There is a girl who has crazy tribal animal stripes from top to toe, has anyone seen her??

• I polekat I

September 24, 2014 at 12:11 pm

Ok so I just tried to Google the pole dancer I just mentioned and this was the first video to pop up.. its not her but I thought I’d share nonetheless haha bloody hell! Oo http://www.goodmeme.net/this-smokin-tattooed-pole-dancer-will-make-you-drool-viral-video/

• I polekat I

September 24, 2014 at 12:18 pm

Bahhh I was on about pantera!! Xox

• Club Dynasty

September 24, 2014 at 5:49 pm

So many beautiful tats, and so many that represent meanings beyond what we see! Thanks for all sharing their wonderful work and the symbolism behind them.

Page 2 of 3