StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Splits in 6 weeks

• danceinside22

March 19, 2010 at 1:36 am

I was looking through old posts last night and i found that link somewhere else too I think. It looks really interesting and if you read about how it works, it really makes sense! I guess we’ll see six weeks from now! Splits will be mine!! haha

• Poleluver

March 19, 2010 at 4:31 am

Thanks for this link! I have been working on my flexability and am not there yet ..someday! ( with a lot of time in)

• chemgoddess1

March 19, 2010 at 10:50 am

I just printed that out yesterday and was planning on adding it to my stretches.

• poletrickster

March 19, 2010 at 3:59 pm

Thanks so much for the link!!

• velvetvixen

March 19, 2010 at 7:57 pm

Oh, it would be so awesome if it worked! Thanks! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

• Poleluver

March 20, 2010 at 5:43 am

There is a thread under splits progress where it is mentioned by another poler with positive results.

• Poleluver

November 18, 2010 at 9:53 pm

the link was given to me from a women whom had never done the splits in her life, at 30 something did this 6-week split program and in 6 weeks was doing the splits and is now a contortionists!
    It would be even more awesome if there was a video. Some of these moves I’m not sure I understand what they look like just by reading them.
    Congrats on your progress!

• horsecrazy12987

November 21, 2010 at 2:42 am

This is a great program–I’m sure anyone who sticks with it will see major progress. I started it a while ago and then tapered off toward the end, which I shouldn’t have done because I think I would have had my splits if I’d just kept at it.

Even so, I went from being several feet off the ground when I first started, to being just a couple of inches off the ground on my good side. I have been about as bendy as a plank of wood my whole life, even as a teenager, so this was pretty much monumental progress. I’ve been doing it again these past few days or so, and I can actually touch the ground now–I can’t just slide straight down and touch the ground, but if I slide down as far as I can, then do some of the isometric squeezes the article talks about, I can actually go all the way down into them with only mild discomfort, so I’m sure in a couple of weeks I will have them all the way.

• EvaRut

November 22, 2010 at 1:01 am

Nice. I am trying this out! Just finished my first stretching session. But I have a few questions if anyone can explain to me https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

He talks about doing 3 reps.

Should I do 3 reps on one leg and then 3 on the other.
    OR
    Should I do once right leg, once left leg, once right, left, right and left until I have done 3 on each leg or doesn’t it matter?

And I can’t figure out how the Karate Stance stretch is. If someone could post a link with a photo would be so great! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

In some of the stretches my muscles that Im stretching shake while I am stretching. Am I stretching too far or should I try to relax more and not stretch o far or wait til the shaking stops?

• horsecrazy12987

November 22, 2010 at 1:15 am

I actually took karate for several years, and I’m pretty sure the karate stance he is referencing is one of the basic stances we used in class during katas and whatnot. I’ll take a picture once I get some new batteries and post it; at the very least, if it’s not quite the stance he had in mind, it definitely helps with hip flexor and hamstring flexibility. If you don’t see a picture from me within a couple of days or so, just give me a little nudge.

• MichelleH

November 22, 2010 at 10:17 am

Hi EvaRut

I’m not 100% sure but when he talks about the muscles getting too tired at contracting that they release, that sounds like what’s happening when your muscles shake, they’re getting tired of contracting? I’d hold it and see if they relax…

• EvaRut

November 25, 2010 at 10:31 pm

Thank you for the advice. Have been stretching everyday since sunday. Exept yesterday because I accidentally fell asleep. Hehehe. But still havent figured out the karate stance. So still doing other stretches instead.
    So glad I started this now because I just got accepted into Battle of the pole wich is in January and splits are required. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_razz.gif

• chemgoddess1

January 1, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Help!  Why does this not make sense to me??

All you have to do is position yourself in a deep lunge with your front foot pointing straight a head, your front leg bent at 90 degrees at the knee and the foot of your back leg should be pointing directly behind you with the instep facing the ground and your calf flat on the floor.

How in the world do you get your calf on the ground in a lunge??

• polefairy

January 1, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Yeah same here chemgoddess. Is there any possibility that somebody here who has had progress with this exercise be able to post a video of them doing these stretches? 

• Kira

January 1, 2011 at 3:14 pm

http://0.tqn.com/d/dance/1/0/j/2/-/-/split2.jpg

that's the stretch it is talking about 🙂 when you lunge make sure the front knee stays over the ankle and try push your hips forward and down and that will bring the back calf down to the floor. You might not be able to get it straight away but doing this stretch will definitely help. The aim is to have that back calf totally flat on the floor.

Page 1 of 9