StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Slippery X-Pole! HELP!!

• Cinara

May 29, 2011 at 10:00 pm

I haven't really come across much about what works best. I use a fancy scented one, but I've seen people use cheap generic brands as well. As far as I know, anything that comes out as a gel and starts turning into foam is okay. I have found it doesn't work so well on hot sweaty days though.

• Theo Simon

June 11, 2011 at 6:15 pm

iTac just released a pole cleaner!

Go to my facebook to see the picture! I used it at pole con and it works. I can pick you all up some and ship it to you! Doesn't damage your pole, one spray works like a charm. It comes with a pink cloth and a spray applicator!

http://www.facebook.com/theosimonpoledance

• Mechie

June 11, 2011 at 9:46 pm

Thanks Theo!!! I REALLY look forward to use it on my chrome pole!!! ^_^

• Theo Simon

June 11, 2011 at 9:58 pm

Youre very welcome! I shot up the x stage light and cleaned the entire pole in 5 minutes. Parker is a genius. iTac is my swear by grip co.

• Theo Simon

June 11, 2011 at 9:59 pm

Er! Omg. I meant 2 minutes! Haha! Whoops. Darn iphone.

• Jenn

June 12, 2011 at 11:51 am

Thanks for the heads up, Theo. I added you on Fb to see the pic.  DO you happen to know what ingredients they use?

• Theo Simon

June 12, 2011 at 12:29 pm

Low irritant fda approved hydro carbon with a lemon myrtle extract. It doesnt damage the pole and remove the finish like bleach and alcohol!

• Cuteandsweet4049146

July 14, 2011 at 11:28 pm

When will the spray be available? I need some terribly for my chrome x-pole.

• divapolegoddess

July 16, 2011 at 10:13 am

I had the same problem and I got great advice from Karol Helms: take cheap sand paper and lightly dust some of the film off of it. I have the titanium gold and my friend has the chrome and that solved her problem also. Your pole won’t look as new and shiny as when you first got it, but: 1) I’ve never had anyone compliment me on how my pole looked great while I was dancing, 2) if you wear shoes your pole will still get some scratches, and 3) any on lookers are interested in your tricks, not your pole. Good luck!

• Peter

July 17, 2011 at 3:50 pm

@Cuteand sweet – Hi, our new pole cleaner is available right now. Retail price for a 250ml bottle (800 applications) plus special microfibre cloth is $17.99. To order please send me a email at peter@inyourfacesports.ca and we can communicate directly.

Cheers

• Greekgoddess

July 18, 2011 at 7:08 am

Do itac have a website? I finally got back on the pole yesterday after being injured for the last 3 months my strength was all there still but my pole is mega slippy so I’m struggling trying to get fully back into it without sliding off 🙁

• Theo Simon

July 18, 2011 at 7:24 am

Peter! I called you parker again!

• Mechie

July 18, 2011 at 11:15 am

I actually bought a bottle of iTac spray from Theo (thanks again!! ~hugs~)…and it works like a charm…

I use Tite Grip, iTac2 level 3 and sometimes Mighty Grip so there are a lot of "gunk" on my pole…after each pole session it takes me forever to clean my pole with alcohol…it is especially hard to get the iTac2 off (I have an xpole chrome btw).  With the iTac spray, it comes of sooooo easily. And after you clean the pole, wait until its total dry before trying to get on the pole or it'll feel reeeeally slippery. I'm not sure if it improves my grip (I have really sweaty hand…this reminds me to e-mail Peter for a level 4 sample…lol) but it's definitely the best cleaner I've tried so far. 

• Peter

July 18, 2011 at 2:47 pm

@greekgodess Hi the websites for iTac2 are poledancegrip.com & itac2.com and our facebook page is http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/iTac2-Sports-Grip/115697278473114

Thanks

• CalBear

July 18, 2011 at 4:23 pm

I know I have A LOT of issues with slippage w/ the x poles.. tried both the 45mm and 55mm both are slippery and I couldn't even do a spin proper on them. I personally loooove the lil mynx poles, they are soo shiny and I stick to them sooo well! <3  Too bad they don't have a lot of marketing because I just think the surface of their poles is  awwesome! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

Page 2 of 7