StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions SV Mentors

• SV Mentors

Posted by calipolepixie on May 14, 2013 at 6:38 pm

Hi I had an idea…alot of newbies I think might benefit from having a SV mentor. An experienced member & poler who is there to answer any questions or concerns they may have on a more personal level. This person would also keep them motivated, inspired & help them.

The SV mentors would volunteer for the “job”, should be members of SV community & who have been poling at least 1 year.

Interested mentors would be paired with newbies who are interested in having a mentor.

Anyone think this is a good idea?

luvlee replied 10 years, 12 months ago 24 Members · 31 Replies
  • 31 Replies
  • Tamarinda

May 14, 2013 at 8:57 pm

I would like that. I recently moved over a thousand miles from home and I have three male roomates. I really need some sort of female companionship at this point. Lol. I love my roomates and they are great and really good to me but if anyone has ever lived with males… It's something…

I've been lurking these forums, and I am really surprised. Anytime I see a group of women I try to go in the other direction or keep my distance. Women can be catty, mean, and destructive toward each other. I've never really seen somewhere where there is so much support and kindness like there is here… It's strange…

• CreativityBySteffie

May 15, 2013 at 1:50 am

Sounds like a great idea! I might not be over the top advanced, but I know a thing or two. Would mentor the cr.. out of them 😀 

• mizzli

May 15, 2013 at 3:00 am

I also think it's a good idea! 

I don't have many pole friends I can talk to about certain moves and things.  I've been poling in a proper school September 2011 – I'm happy to mentor/be mentored since I'm finding I've reached a glass ceiling at my current place I'm stuck with ways to move forward by myself.

Perhaps we could list the moves we have mastered and people can message us for tips and guidance? Or am I going off in a tangent? 🙂

• Kira

May 15, 2013 at 6:42 am

Love this idea!!

• Krissykiki

May 15, 2013 at 11:28 am

I love love love this idea!!!! I am not sure how we would want to run this thing but I am interested in helping! I personally run a mentoring group in my community so If need be I would be happy to help start things up and helping with matching, encouraging and answering any questions. Mentoring is a wonderful thing. It's a relationship that starts out in a very formal way but turns into life long friendships 🙂 

Veena? Webby? What are your thoughts on this idea? Is this something that would be a formal sv thing or that can be created informally within sv members?

If people can let me know if they would like my assistance in starting and maintaining such a program. I would be happy to volunteer to do so. <3 <3 <3

Let's make this thing happen! 

• portableninja

May 15, 2013 at 11:31 am

Sounds like a good idea! I'd be willing to help.

• calipolepixie

May 15, 2013 at 11:51 am

@Krissykiki I would be honored & very appreciative, if you could put it together (only if webby & veena are ok with this idea of course) since you have experience w/mentoring programs & I have no clue where to start. Of course I will help you organize this in anyway need be, just point me in the right direction & ill do as you ask *bowing down*

I definitely want to be put down as a mentor 🙂

• totalblaze

May 15, 2013 at 12:12 pm

I would love to be a Mentee.  I would adore a mentor to help me through some of my issues!!

• Hazelnut

May 15, 2013 at 12:46 pm

I would love to be a mentor! I am just about to start teaching the beginner classes at my studio so the learning curve/experience of helping people would be great for me too.

We might have to pair people up according to where in the world they are though… in case they want skype jams or chats online or something. My mentee would have to be in Europe somewhere I think!

• Krissykiki

May 15, 2013 at 1:10 pm

matching criteria would certainly be helpful in making good matches 🙂 Similar time zones would be a must! We could create a questionnaire about what each mentee and mentor were looking for in a potential match and that would aid in pairing up individuals.

• PatSmack

May 15, 2013 at 2:24 pm

Great Idea Cali! I am up for this one :3

• Kira

May 15, 2013 at 2:50 pm

Could members probably have an option box on their profiles where they could opt in/out of being a mentor/mentee and write a little info about them like experience, dance style etc (just writing things that come into my head) and they could be contacted that way? or have another page on the website dedicated to it. Oooh ideas idea, I really like this idea! Can't decide if I am a mentor or need mentoring though lol 

• iAries

May 15, 2013 at 6:51 pm

I am definitely interested in being a, mentee! :)))

• stephnicoleex3

May 15, 2013 at 7:40 pm

Yes! I want to be a mentee :). Awesome idea!

• Paula Floyd

May 15, 2013 at 8:00 pm

such a great idea! 🙂

Page 1 of 3