StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Problem with new Xpert!!

• Problem with new Xpert!!

Posted by hottielolo on February 27, 2010 at 1:56 am

Ok I have a problem…..as you all know I received my new pole last Thursday…woohoo!! So today my kids are playing on the pole when I noticed it was making a noise! So I decided that I would finally take it down to retighten and clean! As the pole comes down I notice a dent in the dome…wtf?? So I continue to break the pole down when I notice that the extension inside of PartB pole is off centered and I can’t unlock the darn x-joint…wtf?? Oh boy i’m so frustrated and pissed beyond the highest pisstivity! Y is my dome dented and how can I unlock off centered X-joints?? I’ve only had this pole for a week and a day…what’s a girl to do?? Please help!!!!

Hottielolo

Krista Bocko replied 14 years, 5 months ago 32 Members · 48 Replies
  • 48 Replies
  • rabidshrooms

February 27, 2010 at 8:13 pm

Who did you buy it from? I bought my specifically from xpole so they could not try and shoot me crap if something was wrong with the pole. There is NO reason for a dent after a week. I would definitely call them and tell them. Did you notice there was a dent when you got it? Could anything have happened like it got dropped or banged?

I got my xpole a couple days ago and the adjuster got SUPER STUCK and they tried to tell me I did something to it. I was pissed considering I had only had it for an hour or so at this point. Anyway, I stuck to my guns and got it unstuck…a little embarrassing but they will try to tell you you are the reason something is going wrong with the pole. They have great customer service from what I hear but hardly ever admit they’re product could be defective. Now the stuck x joint I am not sure! XPOLE told me if my adjuster got stuck I could use a small amount of axel grease on it. Definitely call them and talk to them.

• hottielolo

February 27, 2010 at 8:42 pm

I bought my pole from this website…my niece said there was a dent in the dome after I put it up last week but I figured she was seeing things…but after I took the pole down to clean and tighten…there was a dent!! Im def gonna call Monday bc i’m super mad! I spent darn near $400 on a pole that is now sitting in a corner! I’m hoping that they work with me bc it does come with the 6 month warranty! I really don’t want to pay extra money for something that i’ve only had a week! Thanks so much for your advice!!! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

Hottielolo

• SpookyPoler

February 28, 2010 at 1:56 am

I definitely suggest calling the Xpole U.S. offices directly and letting them know where you purchased it from. I am an Xpole reseller and in the very few cases I’ve had issues with poles they are extremely helpful and willing to work directly with the buyer to troubleshoot problems or send replacement parts. Since the new poles just came out they may know of any issues that have come up. Hope you can get it sorted out with them!

• Audball

February 28, 2010 at 2:07 am

Oh gosh, a dent sounds bad, i’d call them about that. As for the x joint, mine does the same, after a while it seems to twist around, I guess I didnt tighten it enough when I was putting it up. Mine has twisted a lot, so I don’t know how i’m going to get it down, and I have to take it down in a few days, so please please, let me know how you get on!

• PoleSkivvies

March 1, 2010 at 1:16 am

Dying to hear what you find out – my new Xpert arrives this week!

• Dawnella

March 1, 2010 at 3:37 pm

Yes… definitely keep us posted as my new xpert pole too comes this week! Yeeeeee-HAWWWWWW! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_bounce.gif I have been on this site for a full year, and I finally will be getting my pole!

• Skittles01

March 1, 2010 at 3:50 pm

Wow, yes please keep us posted!

As for the off-centered extension, when we first put up the pole we noticed that happen and had to twist the ext until the circles were centered again. It happened because we needed to tighten the xjoint.

"Skittles"

• Mary Ellyn

March 1, 2010 at 4:30 pm

If you are talking about a dent that is around the insertion point of the pole then that is caused by over-tightening.

For the off-center hold on the Xjoint…there is a special way to fix that. I have a PDF instruction that I can email anyone who wants it.

• Tyshiva

March 2, 2010 at 9:29 am

oH MY GOD i have the same problem!! Some of my Xpert has off centered X-joints!!! And They do funny noises!
    Honnestly i am not a big fan of the new join things! It was hard to tighten them cause the screw aera of the join is in hard plastic! And now some of them are off centered (because i guess i didnt tighten them enough)…. Very annoying! I am going to contact X pole Uk then. Good luck…

• PoleDanceABCs

March 2, 2010 at 6:11 pm

It was hard to tighten them cause the screw aera of the join is in hard plastic!Oh no… please don’t say plastic. I just ordered the new Xpert too.

• Dawnella

March 2, 2010 at 7:02 pm

Plastic?!?!?!?!? Whhhhhhhhat?! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_eek.gif I just saved an entire year to purchase this pole. I will be quite devastated if the quality is as poor as this thread has been implying. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cry.gif

• hottielolo

March 2, 2010 at 9:03 pm

Ok ladies…the verdict is in!!! I called XpoleUS and spoke with Heydi….she is awesome btw!!! Well I explained the situation to her and she emailed me a document on how to loosen jammed x-joints!! It was very informative however, it didn’t help my situation bc my xjoint is off-centered, therfore I can’t even loosen them up! The top of my main B pole is slighly off centered….and I think at this point i’ve probably either stripped or made a circle of the hex key hole…..the 2nd hole on Pole B is completely off centered! Anyway, I called Heydi back and a technician is currently trying to figure a way to undo the x-joint! The technician should be giving me a call within 2hours…however, Heydi assured me not to worry bc if we can’t undo x-joints they will def send replacement parts!!!

Hottielolo

• turkishDlight

April 4, 2010 at 3:02 pm

any updates? i just ordered an xpert and now im kinda pissed! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_sad.gif

• Mary Ellyn

April 4, 2010 at 3:19 pm

The instructions state that you must tighten the hex nuts by alternating back and forth between each two on either side of the connection. Apparently it really makes a difference if you don’t do this and instead one side fully and then the other – which is what I did at first. We’ve only noticed this happening on the center joint where the pole takes the most pressure from your grip during spinning.

The other thing we’ve noticed is that we were not tightening them quite enough as we were use to not over-tightening the hex nuts on the spin section of the original model. Now we tighten them pretty hard.

We’ve not had any twisted connections since we started alternating tightening the screws and tightening them harder.

However, I advise that you constantly check your joints for misalignment and take your pole down to reset the sections as soon as you notice it start to twist as the longer it goes the worse it gets and harder it is to fix.

THe PDF file (which I am still happy to send anyone needed help getting their pole apart) recommends using a broom stick passed up the center of the pole to "push" (that really means bang) the joint out from the other end. We’ve used a piece of metal conduit and that worked better.

However if we can get ONE section off and the joint is only stuck in the other section, we’ve found that gripping with a large pipe wrench while somone holds the pole section secure on a flat surface works for really hard stuck joints.

If your pole section is twisted don’t try to put the allen wrench in to turn it as you will strip the hex nut!!!

• turkishDlight

April 5, 2010 at 8:33 pm

^^ so your pole is all good now?

Page 1 of 4