StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions I just ordered INSANITY!

• I just ordered INSANITY!

Posted by Poleluver on February 4, 2010 at 1:15 am

I just ordered insanity and am scared! I first learned about p90x but a healthy person from work who also poles said to do insanity first then p90x. I think I will start a blog either here or maybe you tube. I found I like the video blogs on youtub of others going through it. I’ve found I have a weak core and my pole progress could be stagnant if I don’t do something and weight loss couldn’t hurt! I have been inspired by the idea of running again and trail running. Even the idea of it could keep me up at night ( or am 1st watch worker) if I let it. If I watched someone on the street or in a movie I feel a little rush and remember the high and feeling.
    I am about 170 I will post before and during photos and actual weights. I am 30 years old, work overnight with extra shifts, a husband and 2 kids to help support me.I coulc actually benefit in my job to be fit. I have a lot to be healthy for. I would love to hear about others whove done it or are.
    thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mademoisELLA replied 14 years, 5 months ago 16 Members · 28 Replies
  • 28 Replies
  • poletrickster

February 4, 2010 at 1:18 am

I cannot do it with all of the high impact jumping and such it kills my knees, I wish you must success I will be following your progress https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_thumright.gif

• legs

March 2, 2010 at 10:09 pm

Hey Jennasmom – I will be staring Insanity toward the end of March – get a week away in FL first.
    My husbands 3/4s through the 60 days and there are visually noticable differences to all his major muscle groups – esp abs. Yeah!!
    I’m excited but nervous – think it’s going to kick my ass!
    I’ll be very glad to keep in touch on how we’re doing and get/give encouragement.
    let me know when you will start it.
    Trac

• verucablue

March 3, 2010 at 2:11 am

everytime I see it on tv I think…I should try that – just to see if it won’t kill me LOL https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif I am looking forward to hearing your take on it!

• litlbit

March 3, 2010 at 2:26 am

LOL…I’m on wk 3..itz an ASS KICKER!!

• Poleluver

March 3, 2010 at 4:00 am

I have been intimidated! I have not started and keep pushing it off, what i really want is to do Chaleane extreme first! It is more what I ‘ve been used to but more and in a program. I already have insanity and hadn’t heard about chalean at the time. I would then want to do p90x and insanity in either order- but chalean first! I’m gonnna order it and go ahead and start insanity and hope I don’t get injured! Im just gonna take it carefully!

• Ava macKenzie

March 3, 2010 at 7:56 am

I am in week 4 of insanity. I love it so much. within the first two weeks I have lost 2 inches, toned up, booty is a tootin! lol I just love insanity and I cant get enough. I only log on to facebook just to chat with my insanity buds! I even became a coach. Thats how much I love it!

• SissyBuns

March 3, 2010 at 2:01 pm

I don’t know much about Insanity ( I can’t do any cardio that involves bouncing or jumping because I just had surgery on my foot) but from what I hear from BluntedEssence on facebbook….it’s a great workout. LOL

She loves it. Seriously. They should have her on the payroll for all the raving she does about it https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_lol.gif

I’d love to try it when I’m better.

• Poleluver

March 3, 2010 at 11:03 pm

I finally did the fit test today and did about 1/2 the amount of the people on the show in most things but when it got down to the last ones I was lower. I kept slipping out of my tennis shoes- gotta tighten my laces and make sure the beagle is outside!
    I had the p90x recovery shake and it was yummy. Interested in Shakeology for a few months but gotta wait.
    I’m gonna keep doing insanity until chalean extreme comes in the mail- unless I am doing better than I thought I would.
    I love my new work out clothes- I can’t wear the running nike cute style bi color shorts but the " princess" cut shorts that are a little longer are better for now. I bought a shirt that I thought said Your worst is my best, but instead it actually says MY worst is your best! LOL maybe motivational.

• rubberstarlet

March 3, 2010 at 11:25 pm

wow! i ordered INSANITY 2 weeks ago! how fun its going to be! I have not started the whole program, right now im just doing the warm ups. haha i love it! Ive been jogging and hiking alot to prepare for the INSANITY workout. tell me when you start it! well have workout updates together! hahaha

• Liane

March 4, 2010 at 1:23 am

Congratulations! I’m addicted to home workout DVDs. The harder the better. I’ve found P90X and Insanity to be some of the hardest programs out there. Beachbody has awesome products. I first did P90X five years ago, about a year after my first baby was born. It was the first time I had ever followed a program that told me what workout out to do each day. I was amazed at the results. The thing I like about P90X is it’s very well rounded — strength, cardio, flexibility. The workouts in Insanity are really similar to each other but, boy, do they burn some calories! I also really like your idea of Chalene Extreme. If it’s Beachbody, you really can’t go wrong! Just try not to get discouraged if you’re not at the level of those on the DVD. It’s a long process, and in Insanity, not one of them can get through the whole workout without breaks.

Goooood luck on your journey!

Liane

• SissyBuns

March 4, 2010 at 1:26 am

We shoudl start a P90x /Insanity thread so people who are doing the programs can compare their stats and motivate eachother.

• polergirl

March 4, 2010 at 2:47 am

I finally did the fit test today and did about 1/2 the amount of the people on the show in most things but when it got down to the last ones I was lower. I kept slipping out of my tennis shoes- gotta tighten my laces and make sure the beagle is outside!

If your heel is what’s slipping, be sure to lace using that "extra" hole so that it cups your heel more securely. You might not actually have to tighten the laces.

Go you!!!! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif

• Ava macKenzie

March 4, 2010 at 5:52 am

I had a taste of the shakeology chocolate drink….it is sooooooooooooooooo gross. Dont mix it with water lol thats was my downfall. The Recovery drink is soooooooo goood. It taste like orange creamsicle to me.

If you thinking of getting shakeology let me know, if you dont have a coach yet. I can get you a discount on it or free gift with it.

I am about to purchase the Chalean extreme, Rev abs, hip hop abs and Turbo Kick. I already tried turbo kick ab jam and I love it!

• louise_vaa

March 4, 2010 at 1:16 pm

I think starting a progress thread would be a great idea. I’ve just done week 1 of the p90x, loving the excersice but I’m having trouble trying to eat better. I have no will power!! x

• litlbit

March 4, 2010 at 2:31 pm

I think starting a progress thread would be a great idea. I’ve just done week 1 of the p90x, loving the excersice but I’m having trouble trying to eat better. I have no will power!! x

Here’s a tip you might want to try to eat better…bodybuilders, figure, and fitness competitors prepare all their meals ahead. They portion them out to re-heat throughout the day as well as their snacks. I have been doing this for a year now for my training…it gets easier after the 1st wk because your body becomes used to it….I eat every 3 hours…by keeping yourself "unhungry" (is that a word?! LOL) you don’t crave the bad carbs because your blood sugar stays level…..that’s what causes you to crave the simple sugars, sweets etc. I have not had those craving for a long time so it’s not a struggle for me. It is the way our bodies were meant to work…to keep your metabolism burning high you need to fuel it consistently…it will feed your muscle to burn the fat. I’m sooo proud of you ladies for choosing better health habits…you guys ROCK!!!

p.s Always eat something after working out/exercising that has protein and you can add a simple carb…piece of fruit or a handful of cold cereal…that’s when your body needs the simple carbs the most!

Page 1 of 2