StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions How do you disassemble your x-pole?

• Jenn

March 8, 2010 at 7:09 pm

I don’t dislike it…I just dislike the fact that it won’t come apart LOL….

I wish I had this problem! My issue is that my A/B poles are always unwinding from each other when I do spins. I am left handed, so most of my spins are left handed. I have been thrown off several times in mid-swing because the top pole would loosen and unwind, essentially turning it into a spinning pole.

• Mary Ellyn

March 8, 2010 at 7:24 pm

Jenn, have you tried "tightening" the two sections with the release rods after you put it up? Also the locking nut at the top must be securely in place and tightened down as this will help to keep the pole from unscrewing on counter clockwise turns.

• ninababina

March 12, 2010 at 2:29 am

where do i buy the release tools ? i guesss i had selective hearing when they told me to take it down every month. ive been trying to get certain pieces apart for over 6 months, im having a baby next month and need my pole to get ack in shape . . . help

• Mary Ellyn

March 12, 2010 at 2:47 am

You can purchase them through XpoleUS.com or anyone who sells Xpoles. They are about $20 plus shipping.

• ninababina

March 19, 2010 at 10:25 pm

i jus got the release tools in the mail and im having a hard time, would i be easier i the pole was still fully assembled?

• Finreah

March 20, 2010 at 1:20 am

When my pole gets stuck, I put frozen peas on the joint. A bag on each side. Let it sit for about 10 mins or so.The cold will shrink the joints.After that getting it apart with the c tools is pretty easy. I also use a lubricating spray on the joints.I hope this helps. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

• Monz

March 20, 2010 at 2:10 am

So my question is…what is the specific order of things that you do when you disassemble your x-pole? Loosen the individual pieces first and then the dome? Or dome first? Bottom to top? What’s the best way to do it?

I checked to make sure no one has already given this advice that I have learned from pole buddies: when you are taking your pole down, loosen the pieces first before anything else. Then take the pole down top to bottom. When you loosen the pieces while it is still pressurized, it makes it MUCH easier to get the pieces to come apart.

Hope this helps if you are not doing it already.

• freakiel

March 20, 2010 at 3:30 pm

So my question is…what is the specific order of things that you do when you disassemble your x-pole? Loosen the individual pieces first and then the dome? Or dome first? Bottom to top? What’s the best way to do it?

I checked to make sure no one has already given this advice that I have learned from pole buddies: when you are taking your pole down, loosen the pieces first before anything else. Then take the pole down top to bottom. When you loosen the pieces while it is still pressurized, it makes it MUCH easier to get the pieces to come apart.

Hope this helps if you are not doing it already.

Hmm, maybe because I am such a visual learner, I am having a hard time figuring out how one would do that… https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_scratch.gif

• moonflower

March 31, 2010 at 5:23 am

Usually, I have a bit of trouble with the two big pieces, but this time my 45mm adapter is stuck to my bottom pole piece. As they are different diameter, it’s been very difficult lying them flat and bracing them for impact. Theya re also stuck in such a way that the two rods form only a small angle. Any tips for getting them apart that is different than for the other pieces? It’s not a big deal as long as I don’t need to add extensions, but this means I can;t change rooms.

• sellison

September 12, 2010 at 12:40 am

HI, can someone give me a link to a site where i can buy the unlocking tools. mine are stuck and have been for a while https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_sad.gif
    THANKS!

• hookedonpole

September 12, 2010 at 2:43 am

You no longer have to clean the connecting parts of the Xpole with the new Xjoints.

For regular maintenance there are a few things to check like the hex screws, etc if they need any oiling from time to time. Check the last page of your instruction manual for these instructions but it’s basically just checking the operation and inspecting parts. No more cleaning!! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif

Is the unlocking tool for pervious version of xpoles only, or also for the new xjoint xpert? Does xpert still need to be taken down/apart, etc once a month or so for inspection?

• hookedonpole

September 12, 2010 at 2:47 am

HI, can someone give me a link to a site where i can buy the unlocking tools. mine are stuck and have been for a while https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_sad.gif
    THANKS!

http://xpoleus.com/shop_accessories.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Hopefully this link will get you there. Evidently this tool is for previous versions of xpoles. The info is on this link.

• Pep999

July 3, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Hi all just got x pole off eBay bargain as person could not unlock poles and took it too my pole instructor who unlocked poles with some fab tools she had specially made. Sending my x pole release tools back. :-))))

• Pep999

Hi all just got x pole off eBay bargain as person could not unlock poles and took it too my pole instructor who unlocked poles with some fab tools she had specially made. Sending my x pole release tools back. :-))))

• Pep999

Page 2 of 3