StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Gloves?

• Gloves?

Posted by luckiangel on February 11, 2010 at 6:17 am

My gf wants to pole dance with me but she want glove so her hands dont get calisthed, and more grip too.is there any

LittleC replied 14 years, 5 months ago 13 Members · 27 Replies
  • 27 Replies
  • chemgoddess1

February 11, 2010 at 12:58 pm

Mighty grip makes a pole glove. I don’t care for them but there are others that like them.

If she doesn’t want to get callouses then what about bruises?

• Mary Ellyn

February 11, 2010 at 2:40 pm

Gloves are fine for learning or for doing certain moves but the problem is that (pole) gloves are going to help you grip therefore they will inhibit your spins.

Ask her if she has thought about ALWAYS wearing gloves when she dances. If she ever dances for anyone or wants to dress up and dance or something like that does she intend to wear gloves then too? If she learns only with gloves she will never be able to dance without them.

• SissyBuns

February 11, 2010 at 3:07 pm

I wouldn’t encourage learning with gloves because like Empy said you can’t spin in them and then she might get so used to them that she can’t do anything without them.

I think calluses are part of the deal, just like bruises.

• Sabrina

February 11, 2010 at 3:08 pm

I agree – I wouldn’t call it cheating, it’s just not going to help you in the long run.

• luckiangel

February 12, 2010 at 9:51 pm

lol ya i know i told her that too but hey what ya going to do thanks everyone for letting me know. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/alien.gif

• PipsyPops

February 13, 2010 at 6:55 pm

I was wondering about that too!
    As I’m new to pole dancing I was wondering whether gloves are something good to have short term. I don’t intend to use them every time, but if I get gloves and prevent some callouses then I might be able to practice more, or at least more comfortably? Again, I would only use them half of the time or so… Till I get the hang of it really…Or maybe I should buy some mighty grip powder instead? https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_scratch.gif
    How bad was the overall bruising when you guys started? Thanks!

• chemgoddess1

February 13, 2010 at 7:09 pm

Pretty much every new move has produced interesting bruises.

I have not felt a "need" for grip products or gloves until this year and I have been at the for 2. The only reason I was looking at gloves was because I have been trying to get a split grip aysha and have been slipping down the pole. On Empy’s advice I got a powerball and now my grip is beyond belief. I still use a bit of my own magic powder just because stainless and cold weather tend to sweat but besides that I have no need.

• Poleluver

February 14, 2010 at 5:21 am

What do you mean by powerball? like a squeezeable ball for grip strength?

• Danielle Tillie

February 14, 2010 at 6:07 am

The Powerball is a device that has a gyroscope inside it. When you get the gyroscope started, it provides a lot of resistance as you hold the ball and do specific exercises with it. It greatly improves grip strength, even arm and shoulder strength! Plus, it lights up all pretty, so it’s fun to look at! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_colors.gif You can by it online at http://www.powerballs.com. LoL, I seem like a representative here!

• Poler1984

February 15, 2010 at 2:38 am

OOooh that powerball looks like the bomb! and with pretty lights too! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_colors.gif (im attracted to lights and of course shiny objects… hence the pole) ive been looking around for a way to build grip strength and i think this is just what im looking for! i like how they say it targets muscles all the way to your shoulders. Any one else have experience w these?

• chemgoddess1

February 15, 2010 at 2:24 pm

Empy is the one that had suggested this thing a while back. I bought ours off of ebay. There are 2 manufacturers, dynaflex and nsd. I bought the nsd ones from a seller named powerball4all. When looking at them be sure that 1) you are getting an LED one (or neon) as they sell them with and without lights and 2) get the strongest one that you can afford right now. I got mine for $30 plus shipping.

Here is one of the conversations that was had on this site.

• Mary Ellyn

February 15, 2010 at 8:12 pm

I LOVE the powerball and you can feel what it will do for you from the first time you use it! It’s a bit a coordination to get it going at first but it doesn’t take long.

We’ve been encouraging them with our students for about two years now…I’ve been using mine about 2/5 years. Improving hand and grip strength is the most challenging thing to do and its also one of the most effective changes to improve your pole dancing. This is fun and really targets the muscles of the hand/wrist and forearm as well as up into the upper arm just a bit.

As Chemmie indicated…the stronger the powerball (that is the higher the revolutions it is capable of) the more expensive it is. They can run from about $20 up to $45. However they all go from 0 rpms and up….so the cheap ones are 0-13,000 rpms and the more expensive ones can go from 0-80,000 rpms. You will likely outgrow the 0-13,000 pretty quickly.

• Poler1984

February 15, 2010 at 10:02 pm

Well crap. I just ordered an NSD Powerball and i hope i ordered the right one!! I got the Neon Pro in pretty blue! it looked like they were all the same until you got to the metal one which was super pricey. I didnt see anything on their site about 80,000rpms. are you guys talking about a different brand? https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_scratch.gif

• chemgoddess1

February 15, 2010 at 11:16 pm

The NSD is a 250 hz, they do not list them by rpm. Only the Dynaflex does as far as I know. Torque was more important to me than rpm since that is the force exerted when it spins.

This site compares the two. The NSD neons are 15000 rpm at 40 lbs torque. The Dynaflex is 18000 rpm at 40 lbs torque. I also have the NSD’s (in green and red) and they really work the crap out of my arm. I totally fell in love with the chrome one but could not see $130 for it.

• Poler1984

February 16, 2010 at 2:44 am

Thanks chem! I cant wait to get mine in the mail im hoping it will really help with my grip in the long run. im having trouble learning moves like lunchbox w all my weight on my hands i just cant hold myself up. my boyfriend saw a picture and was like "that looks like a toy" and he laughed at me! Then i showed him that video on their site w the strong guy using it and it looked like he was getting electrocuted….the bf shut up after that lol cant wait to play w it and get buff! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_rambo.gif

Page 1 of 2