StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Feeling the Fear And Not Doing It Anymore

• LatinPoler

July 5, 2017 at 3:43 am

Grayeyes, Tropical, I hope you both are feeling better. I’m also in the same age range (I’m 44). When I started poling, I could not do two days in a row, even being fit, and I injured myself. Now it’s OK as long as I alternate hard/easy days that don’t stress the same part of the body all the time. Challenges are not always balanced in that sense, you may have 3 reverse grab days in a row, then 3 knee pit intensive moves in a row, etc. I try to prerecord and balance as much as possible, and take days off. I agree it can be hard, long challenges (14+days) especially.
    About the studio vs. at home discussion, I personally feel the studio more challenging, in the sense that I’ve been pushed sometimes to do things I was not ready for, physically or mentally (I guess you’ve heard about my Butterfly story…). Or if my wrist was a little sore, that was a handstands day at the studio. I prefer poling at home because I’m in control. I still go to the studio now and them to build my foundation, also the variety keeps me motivated.

• LatinPoler

July 5, 2017 at 3:45 am

And by the way, I’ll be travelling 10 days in July, focusing on hiking and other outdoor activities. I look forward to that break too!

• Rachel Osborne

July 7, 2017 at 2:04 am

Gray eyes so sorry to hear about your injury. That is scary. You hit the nail on the head I think, when you said we don’t like being suddenly limited either by injury or buy a body that is not the same as it was in terms of recovery time than it was in our 20s. It’s very hard not to push and push and pull back gracefully from overdoing it ! I hope that your injury is resolved soon and you can find a way to practice what do you enjoy without pain

• Rachel Osborne

July 7, 2017 at 2:07 am

Latin poler that is very good advice, and true about home poling giving you the power to control how you work out so you can choose to work Lower or upper body or just have an easier day as your body needs it. Thank you and I hope you totally enjoy your vacation !

Page 2 of 2