StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Brass X-pole!

• Brass X-pole!

Posted by Shellectra on April 24, 2011 at 3:28 am

I am upgrading to a 45mm Brass  X-pole and selling my 45mm Chrome to a friend! I LOVE the brass ones they had at classes I used to go to, I gripped to them so well, with my Chromey it's a constant battle to not slide down the pole, and I have always wanted a Brass one 🙂

Has anyone got the Brass X-pole? I can't find any info on them really.  Are they grippy and awesome like I think they'll be?

upandover replied 12 years, 8 months ago 26 Members · 98 Replies
  • 98 Replies
  • Madfelice

April 24, 2011 at 4:46 am

Yes, and yes!  Just clean it with acetone or the like when you first put it up to remove the factiry finish and you will stick to it like a fly to a wall, hehe…

• Masked Loopy II

April 24, 2011 at 10:04 am

As far as I am aware, you can't buy a brass x-pole yet.  I assume you are referring to titanium gold.  I have tried those and they have awesome grip.

By the way, I think X-pole is releasing a brass pole, but I have not heard an official date.

This is from the X-pole U.S. website:

What is the difference between Chrome and Titanium Gold? This is referring to the finish and color of the pole.

Chrome is silver in color and is a good general use pole for both spins and inverts.

Titanium Gold is gold in color and has an electronically coated surface that increases the grip. It is made to emulate the grip of a brass pole and is ideal for climbs and inverts.

• Masked Loopy II

April 24, 2011 at 10:06 am

oops! I see you are in Australia.  They might have actual brass x-poles there.

• Shellectra

April 24, 2011 at 10:52 am

Thanks guys! Yep in Aussie they are available, didn't even know they weren't everywhere! Finally we get something first LOL

I usually clean my Chrome with glass cleaner and a tea towel, would that be ok for brass? I read you can clean it with Metho too, maybe I'll use that..

• HoppinAriel

April 24, 2011 at 11:00 am

oh wow! i just tried the Brass pole the other day in my pole jam with Kylee and fell in love with it! so totally jealous of you 🙂 have fun with it!!! :DD

• Madfelice

April 24, 2011 at 8:50 pm

If you are looking to get the same as the studio though, Shellectra, they have Pussycat poles.

• Shellectra

April 24, 2011 at 9:22 pm

I'm gonna place my order today 🙂 When it says x-pole Brass pole in "Brass Finish" is it just coated in brass or what does "finish" mean? It won't rub off will it? lol

• Shellectra

April 29, 2011 at 9:02 am

I ordered my new 45mm brass xpole 2 days ago, yay!!!! Hopefully it comes within a week or less, I hope it's more grippy and allows me to do my tricks better cos i won't be slipping all the time!!! Whoo!!  🙂

• ElleML

May 1, 2011 at 3:18 am

Shellectra:

I once mailed x-pole.co.uk and asked about the finish. They replied that the x-pole brass is solid brass, not just a brass coating 🙂

However, I've heard that the brass needs to be cleaned a lot more, maybe with some kind of brass cleaning. X-pole should know 🙂

• ElleML

May 1, 2011 at 3:28 am

You're so lucky to live in Australia!  I live in Sweden and been waiting for ages for x-pole in the u.k. to get the brass in stock. They were suppose to get them this spring, but nothing's happened yet..

• Shellectra

May 1, 2011 at 3:56 am

Oh Elle u poor thing I hope they get them soon!!!!

I didn't know about the cleaning of a brass pole I'll look into it, or get some "Brasso" stuff apperently that cleans the pole up good.

Come on brassy… I ordered it 3 days ago, hopefully have it by next weekend 🙂

• Jenn

May 2, 2011 at 12:00 am

I have a brass pole and I love, love, love the grip! I clean it during practices with a 1/2 rubbing alcohol and 1/2 water solution.  But even with regular cleaning it still gets tarnished over time.  I use a generic metal polish on it every so often to get it all pretty and shiny again. The only problem with metal polish is that it has a small amount of oil in it to coat the metal and help prevent further tarnishing, which is good for the pole, but bad for grip!  One of the members here shared a link with me on other ways to polish the pole (thanks Tine007). I haven't tried any of them yet because I have my chrome pole up at the moment, but they seem like pretty inexpensive and easy alternatives to metal polish.

• Jenn

May 2, 2011 at 12:04 am
  • Shellectra

May 2, 2011 at 4:06 am

Thanks Jenn! Gosh I'm scared now brass sounds so tricky to maintain and I don't want to make it slippery with the oil stuff!

• Jenn

May 2, 2011 at 4:45 am

It's really not that bad, just a little more maintenance than a chrome pole.  And you don't have to polish it that often. I have polished mine probably about four times in the last year. The grip advantage totally makes it worth it if you struggle with stainless steel and chrome poles.  I have almost no grip on stainless and can only stick to chrome if I slather myself in grip aides, lol.  With the brass pole, I can actually get through a song without stopping to wipe myself or the pole every 30 secs.

Page 1 of 7