StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Anyone not like platform/clear heels for yourself?

• MsPennynickle

February 13, 2013 at 5:40 pm

@  For floor scuffs, like the kind tennis shoes can leave, a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (or a generic equivilant) should take them right off. 

I also wear heels *everywhere* not just dancing in them, but I'm lucky enough that I live where there's a Nordstrom Rack in addition to a bunch of awesome consignment shops that always have higher end shoes for super cheap, so I never spend more than $25/35 on fancy shoes. And if I find a pair I love, it's usually cheaper to get the soles and/or the heel taps replaced then to buy a new pair.

My cobler charges $10 a pair to replace them ($10 for new soles/ $10 for new heel taps, which works out to $20 for a pair). I've had one pair of shoes since 2005, I bought them on sale, with the original tags (priced at $120) still on them, for $15 and I've had to replace the heel taps twice, maybe 3 times, so all in all $35-45 for 8 years of wear = Worth every penny. But I might just be city-spoiled.

• theshoeheaven3862

December 19, 2013 at 3:45 am

I like flat shoes I can’t wear high heel shoes it very painful for me and I’ve so much difficult to walk with heels………….

• Polebull

December 19, 2013 at 12:11 pm

I’m a diva for high heels. With that said, when I started pole dancing I immediately went for the 7 inch heels! I just love them; they make me feel sooo sexy! I practice my tricks barefoot then break out the big heels once I’ve mastered them.

• grayeyes

December 19, 2013 at 7:48 pm

Great thread. When I started pole I was into it strictly from an acrobatic aspect and I actually thought heels looked weird on pole dancers. To me it seemed like most of the routine was in the air so why would the dancer wear shoes? In my mind it was almost seemed like a trapeze artist wearing shoes. Then I bought Veena’s lessons and went through some of the beginning lessons like sexy walks and how to do a sexy squat. I put on some of my dress heels and was like, hey, wait a minute, that looks pretty sexy. I bought some clear plastic Pleasers on Amazon for $35 and I am 100% hooked on them. If you had told me a month ago I would be addicted to these silly shoes I would not have believed you. Now that’s one of the best parts of poling. I practice with and without them but mostly with. I’m like a little girl with her mom’s heels on–love them. I would wear them to McDonald’s with shorts if I didn’t think I would get propositioned for being a working girl. Interestingly, I have only once seen anyone wear heels in my studio–not sure why. As others have said, I find the heels empowering. I feel like the sexiest woman alive in those heels.

• Schtoffen

December 29, 2013 at 9:32 am

Interesting thread… personally don’t ever wear heels and never would. I also don’t like watching vids of girls poling in heels. I think it’s because I have Brittle Bones Disease and although I know they’ll be totally fine and they’re used to it, Im always watching thinking ‘Oh nooooo! You’re going to snap your ankle!!’ 🙂

• tiggertail

December 30, 2013 at 11:07 am

Usually pole barefoot but i got my first pair or stripper shoes for pole and they are so comfy i would wear them everyday it i wasn’t so afraid of the look people would give me. For me it add some sexy and confidence to my poling. I even got a few good comments about the way i walk with my regular heels, got ask how i could walk so easyly with such high heels 😛

• polergirl

December 31, 2013 at 1:41 pm

I think dancing barefoot gives a certain raw sensuality to many movements — and I do dance barefoot fairly often depending on my mood plus the mood of the music. But I’ll never give up my stripper heels. 🙂 I think I have more pairs of “stripper heels” than I do “regular” shoes lol. I LOVE ME some shoe claps and heel slides and all the things that are better in shoes!!!

Page 4 of 4