StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions You have 15 seconds to bust a move to impress a non-poler: what do you do?

• You have 15 seconds to bust a move to impress a non-poler: what do you do?

Posted by Rachel Osborne on September 11, 2014 at 7:44 pm

Just for fun…if you had to shoot 15 seconds vid to say ‘ta daaaa! This is what I can do!’ to wow a person who has zero knowledge of poling, what would you do?

calipolepixie replied 9 years, 7 months ago 29 Members · 35 Replies
  • 35 Replies
  • remiaou

September 11, 2014 at 8:15 pm

For a video I’d probably do either an Allegra on spin pole or any reverse-grab-to-invert spins (like the Oona spin). However, if I have people over and I want to show them something on my pole I like to do a twisted grip handspring because it doesn’t require any skin grip other than hands, so I can show something without having to get changed into pole clothes just for one example!

• Cherished

September 11, 2014 at 8:21 pm

Cartwheel Mount!

• Veena

Administrator
    September 11, 2014 at 10:25 pm

An Invert usually brings just as much wow as more difficult tricks, however, my go to is the cartwheel mount! Lol

• Anonyma

September 11, 2014 at 11:23 pm

the veena tumble

• I polekat I

September 12, 2014 at 4:46 am

sexy V shoulder mount playing around with leg positions, into caterpillar > polecat (pike hip hold?) > gemini/scorpio > swan dive (thigh hold?) slide down to floor / or into straddle handstand> stag legs, etc etc =)

• I polekat I

September 12, 2014 at 4:52 am

ok thats probably more than 15 seconds… =P

• Krista Bocko

September 12, 2014 at 5:56 am

My latest love is true grip handspring so I would do that. What’s the move called where you ‘cartwheel’ Up to brass monkey? I’m loving that too.

• Rachel Osborne

September 12, 2014 at 1:20 pm

I have noticed non polers seem to be impressed by quite simple things like planks. Or cradle spin up from bottom of pole. And upside down things even simple inverts like inverted crucifix has the ‘oho’ factor but some other really hard stuff doesn’t get the same recognition.

• iheartpole

September 12, 2014 at 2:48 pm

ha ha! Anything!!! but seriously when I first started I was impressed by pole climbs… actually who am I kidding I still am impressed by pole climbs.

• KuriKat

September 12, 2014 at 4:12 pm

It’s not the hardest or the fanciest, but I love the Jagged Edge –> Superman –> Hip hold combo because it looks impressive to a non-aerialist and always feels secure to me. If you have a good Jade, you could do that instead of hip hold, but my Jade is really hit or miss (I often slide a lot), so it would be risky for me to bust it out if my goal is to impress someone, haha.

• PinkPony

September 12, 2014 at 7:11 pm

Everyone loves knee hold. And yogini. I think, in both positions, Muggles don’t understand how you’re holding onto the pole, as your hands and feet are not on it.
    Also, they are great poses for street poling or dancing on unfamiliar poles since they are both impressive but not inverted (won’t land on your head!).
    And believe it or not, the Muggles love when you drop into a split. It’s such a parlor trick but, whatever 🙂 So anyway you want to do that (from a fan kick, from a ballerina, from a shoulder mount flip…honestly, even of you just land a basic chair spin sliding into a split!), they go nuts. In my experience 😉

• Veena

Administrator
    September 12, 2014 at 7:19 pm

I always forget about the knee hold!! Gotta put that in my list of wow’s I think!

• Lucca Valentine

September 12, 2014 at 7:22 pm

hard question! anything on spin mode i swear blows people mind. my skill set is limited but i would say invert > scorpio or gemini > pike > tuck

people def find the simplest things impressive. my bf was watching a video and was like “see i like stuff like that” and it was literally just me sliding down the pole from a climb on spin mode. like straight down, no fancy tricks. it was just spinning, and i guess he likes that lol

• Krista Bocko

September 12, 2014 at 8:15 pm

Yes, I was gonna say knee hold, but I was thinking of a scenario where I would be demo’ing something ‘live’…in which case I’d have pants on most likely. ha.

Knee hold is SUPER impressive to the general population. When I posted a short clip on my regular fb account, I got many comments on it.

• stylynzy

September 12, 2014 at 9:33 pm

Iron X

Page 1 of 3