Hi!

panacotta

Hi!

I started pole dancing about 3 months ago (at first once a week and after 2-3 weeks twice a week) and now I am finally getting my own pole!

Any advices on that? What is the absolute minimum space I need? Do I need a stud finder to put it up?

Can I remove it every few days (space is very limiting factor for me)?

Any random advices and stuff you wish you was told when you got pole? ;)

Thank you :))
Jul 25, 2012
Veena

Oh I bet you'll get lots a great advice from the members here, cut they're awesome!! 

If your looking for a removable pole, you might wanna try the xpole. We do sell them here on the site if your interested.  

I would get a stud finder, makes it easy to find the joist, but if you have plaster ceiling it wont work. 

Think about checking out the online lessons here. They are a great way improve your skill when you are not in the studio. I also include stretching and conditioning lessons that can help you progress faster. 
Jul 25, 2012
pegasusaerialfitness

follow veena's lessons and you cant go wrong:) Congrats on your new pole!
Jul 26, 2012
panacotta

Thank you :)

I got Xpole 45mm chrome, I've practice on 50mm chrome pole and a custom made 48mm stainles steel, and I like chrome better. I was actually thinking of getting 40mm but I think at this point 45 is a better. Maybe next time :D

Veena, I'd love to gert the pole from here, but I am based in europe (shipping+taxes etc), but I think I will get your lessons at some point (when I save some money), I've heard how good they are! :)
Jul 29, 2012
stacey2707

Hi we would reccomend a min of full arms length around the pole, This will allow you to swing around safely.

You will need to find a beam in your ceiling, you can buy a stud finder from a hardware store,

Once you have found the beam, cleared a space you are ready to buy a pole. If your based in the UK or Europe you can buy from [www.x-pole.co.uk]

As a poler I LOVE 45mm poles however I have fallen for my new 40mm but the choice is really personal preference.

I hope thats helped

Stacey
Aug 2, 2012

water
I'm glad you added the last Pole Hold lesson at the end, really help me understand the grip and scapula positioning better than I did before. Thnk you! :-)
more testimonials